The best retro E-Stay frame.

Wheeler 6800 Comp Line
A good quality e-stay that is also strong and usable.
Very rare in UK but they are about in Mainland Europe, 2 of my Wheelers came from Poland.

Re:

Was that the bike with which you won BoTM, Philippe?

Here's one wth a funky splatter ;)
p5pb15580774.jpg

Of the one's I've ridden (there's been a few), I'd recommend the Alpine Stars Cro Mega DX as the most sorted/least weight/reliable. If we're talking looks etc., the any Cunningham design is going to take the biscuit...

Attachments

• Biscuit Thief.jpg
    Biscuit Thief.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 733
mrkawasaki":1w92vbgh said:
Of the one's I've ridden (there's been a few), I'd recommend the Alpine Stars Cro Mega DX as the most sorted/least weight/reliable. If we're talking looks etc., the any Cunningham design is going to take the biscuit...

Drool...

al.

Re:

The Mantis X frame is by far the coolest, but this has got to be a very close second.

Attachments

• drive.jpg
    drive.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 732
Re:

For me the most recognisable and coolest e-stays were the Alpinestars of 1991, not least because they encompassed everything that was perfect of the era, e-stay, curved seat tube and topped off with fancy flourescent paint!

Re:

Got to be a Kota-Miyata RidgeRunner ECS for me - amongst many reasons because they were the only manufacturer who had the decency to gracefully arc the support between the stays to match the radius of the rear wheel, rather than simply slap a straight piece of tubing in there...

Some great bikes on here.

Cant really comment based on experience as only ever had an Al-mega and cant really remember much about that, apart from it was painted mustard and it was light.

One of my favourites based on looks is the Yates, just love the paint job.

But the one e-stay i actually want to own more than just about any other bike, and have ever since i first saw one on this forum, is the Ti-mega. One day maybe...

yakboy":2rvk8heq said:
legrandefromage":2rvk8heq said:
Nice Nishiki

nishiki_girl.jpg

Is there a bike under there? I haden't noticed :facepalm: Not an e-stay though ;)

I noticed the spoke protector. Just so you don't think I'm obsessed with spoke protectors,
it was the second thing I noticed. The first was the colour matching socks.

Carry on as you were chaps.

Back