Show us what you did today, thread

Thanks mate, though it wasn't the length or style of ride I need to be doing just now, what with the Puffer just a fortnight away.
After the last 6 weeks or so with everything going on I have only managed a few rides and none for any great length of time which is going to make riding for 24hours in the forecast sleet and rain very hard. I even thought of putting gears on the Pugsley, that's how worried I am :) Then I came to my senses. If the forecast is for wet and mud rather than snow and ice I think the 1X1 will be the wiser choice.

Jamie

Re:

My good lady thinks I should do the East lothian Audax as she feels i dont get out enough. I will think about it but might have tell the organiser to put me down for full 8 hours to give me leeway in case fitness poor. Got until early Feb to make commitment or not :|

That's the spirit :)
What's the worst that could happen?
'I'm just stepping outside for a ride, I may be some time' ;)

Jamie

Re:

Jamie - be very careful round those parts.........my mother was bitten by a pony at Dunnet Head when we visited the lighthouse approx 1975 :shock:

She also set off the alarms at Dounrey as the luminous spots on her watch were, well, radioactive......that could explain a lot about me :xmas-big-grin:

Lotians will be much safer, just remember to lock yer car :twisted:

I also received a bit more information on the Jack Taylor this past week from the JT appreciation Facebook page. The only real information I had was pretty scant to be honest as the previous owner Adam, who I gratefully got it from had purchased it secondhand many years ago when he was at University in Durham. The owner he purchased it from had owned it from new but that's about all Adam could tell me. He did a good few miles on it in his earlier days but then he put it away in the chicken shed where it stayed until I took on the job of putting it back into use. The build date I had from the frame and fork numbers was from the excellent Bluebird Jack Taylor website. Well it seems that Ken Taylor had been speaking to one of the members and had loaned the build books/ledgers for what looks to be all the years to allow them to be photographed and put online for the members to see and use, and sure enough there was the Super Clubman #7885 with a build date of 12/02/1982, 21 inch built by Norman. The Bluebird site had it down as a 1983 so it was good to get a correct year date but even better was getting the specific build date.

Jamie

48429502_10213458049141581_5034621180460400640_n_LI by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Excellent news..... great to have that data survive.

Re:

Entered Tour of East Lothian Audax but will be advising organiser that I'll be in the 8 hour category just in case. As Jamie says, whats the worst that can happen.............dont get me started :roll:

Jamiedyer":1dllmz2v said:
Good news Velo!
Now we just need to get Brian and Rob on board :)

Jamie
Well if you're taking both of us, I hope it's a sofa you've got on the Big Dummy's sidecar...

Sounds good - I'll make up my mind closer to the time, ie depends on how much damage the 'Puffer does to me. :)

Back