Benotto tape

spitball

Retro Guru
Is there a nack of wrapping handlebars using benotto tape, there is always a little gap behind the brake levers I can't seem to get it right, I have tried the figure 8 method and I don't want to use cheater tape, any ideas?

Re:

Put levers on the bars in the correct position and mark the position of the clamp on the bars.
Remove levers and tape around the clamp to achieve a neat job.

Attachments

• rps20190103_135725_767.jpg
    rps20190103_135725_767.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 563
Thanks for that, I did end up doing it that way last night. Still, nice to know I did it the correct way.

spitball":6mmjbu29 said:
Is there a nack of wrapping handlebars using benotto tape, there is always a little gap behind the brake levers I can't seem to get it right, I have tried the figure 8 method and I don't want to use cheater tape, any ideas?

I will add that I rarely see correctly installed bar tape on this forum, let alone Benotto Ribbon - there are many how-to's on the interweb.

Install from the bar end...

Rk.

Well first attempt, I will add like a complete donkey I forgot the end plug I am used to them being fitted last
Any thoughts, opinions.

20ku1p0.jpg

Love well wrapped benotto tape, here's mine although I do use a little cut of bit of tape around clamp 1st.

Yours looks great too

Attachments

• group 2.jpg
    group 2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 480
spitball":1wr936ex said:
Well first attempt, I will add like a complete donkey I forgot the end plug I am used to them being fitted last
Any thoughts, opinions.

20ku1p0.jpg

That’s a great attempt & I hate wrapping bar tape as pretty useless at It especially on figure of 8 wraps & trying to get the tape evenly spaced while you wrap....

yep looks like a decent job there, I usually cheat and use a small piece around the lever clamp before wrapping the whole lot

Maca":16oefzyn said:
Love well wrapped benotto tape, here's mine although I do use a little cut of bit of tape around clamp 1st.

Yours looks great too

Thanks, what's that lot going on? I have bought some more for a couple of later bikes as I like the finish ones 89 the other 91, I'm sure i'll get shot by the purists.

Back