For Sale and Wanted ads rule request

Huntso

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
One thing I would really like to see added to the classified rules is a request for buyers to let sellers know when an item has arrived and maybe if a cheque/bank transfer/cash is sent the reverse could also apply

I very often never know unless I ask whether the goods have shown up and would hate anyone to think I was a lazy git or worse a conman for not sending something if it was lost in transit

To be honest its also just the courteous thing to do

ill second that
i allways email/pm people after a couple of days to see if they have recived the items/cheque
must make me seem pushy tho

rob

You could add it in any pm's. I know a few sellers do and ask for feedback to be left too. I reckon its a courtesy to pm anyway and always do.

i always PM the people i've bought items off when they arrive in the post.
letting them know all is well and that feedback is going to be left.

only seems the decent thing to do.

whenever i sell on ebay (havent sold on here yet!) i always send a message to let them know when its in the hands of the royal mail.

I just think it is courteous to let them know when it is likely the goods will pitch.

The best way to know if your item have been recieved or the item have arrived to you safety is giving feedback most of the time I send a pm to them to let me know for peace of mind, I always give feedback as a seller and buyer, some members here cant be bothered do it and I think aleast 10 members here owned me a feedback.

yeah i have 5 or 6 outstanding feedback from people that i have left feedback for them :(

as a side note of all the forums i use/have used (for lots of different things not just bikes) this site is THE best one for people keeping you informed of parts sent/recived so dont think im moaning too much ;)

rob

yeah its not fair not leaving feedback, especially if you've left it for them!

maybe this is one area which could be chased up on more to improve the buying/selling on here.

I always PM when sending an item to keep buyer posted, and PM when receiving an item to let seller know it has arrived, but hands up I don't always get round to giving feedback :oops:

I'll try to do better! :D

Got to say I don't bother too much with the feedback threads per se, but folk have asked in the past and if they do I'll leave it. I think on a forum you can expect things, but will only get them when you ask. Everybody has different views.

Back