Carrera frames

Ransetsu

Retro Guru
I just purchased a Carrera Fury from Halfords - for the "bargain" price of £399 ...... with the intention of moving all the bits onto an other better quality frame - possibly a Yeti ARC or another Salsa ala Carte ..... anyway my question for you all is - who makes the Carrera frames ? the guy in Halfords told me it was Kona ???? but i find this hard to believe ..

I remember they used to use some saracen frames early on but I think they are all far eastern now (as if saracens were 'hand built in england' anyway :roll: )

I kinda doubt the kona thang.

some of them are made in korea same place as kona nowadays!
but i think the xc fu suss (think epic like) were merida so possibly
tiawan.
mike.

there not bad bikes had a krackatoa back in the day nice steel rigid
the apollo stuff is the cheap stuff.

mikee":1iqcr1ql said:
some of them are made in korea same place as kona nowadays!
but i think the xc fu suss (think epic like) were merida so possibly
tiawan.
mike.

All current Konas are made in Taiwan hence the made in Taiwan stickers on the frames (put there as a requirment of the US market). Merida also makes all the Specialized frames including the carbon frames. Also worth noting that Specialized in a part owner of the Merida factory.

I think that most riders who are 'brand slaves' would be surprised exactly who makes their frames and where.

Lots of manufacturers use Taiwanese factories now because they're cheaper and frankly better at producing stuff than anyone else.

"All current Konas are made in Taiwan hence the made in Taiwan"

sorry to disillusion you mate but all the kona coilers/hannaha's & a fire
mountain in my local halfords have "made in korea " labels on them

the same labels as stuck to the caldera i've just sold

maybe their made in tiawan.

specialized / merida another urban myth.

Back