USER; BADRONALD

Simple answer is don't buy unless you feel happy with the seller.
If to you this means 50 posts, then move along to the next ad.

There are genuine sellers with few posts, preventing sales from these people is not really productive. If you live close and can pick up this is obviously ideal here etc.

Sadly if someone wants to screw you, there is nothing we, or anyone can do about it. Buyer beware as always.

AVforums which seems to use the same chat software as this lot have a 'trader rating' in the members displayed profiles:

Trader rating:

gump":24laottm said:
Sadly if someone wants to screw you, there is nothing we, or anyone can do about it. Buyer beware as always.

But there is something we can do about it, hence the 50 post rule or similar.

I don't think you would be so objective if it were you that had been stung, your attitude is no use.

This forum should be pro-active in taking measures to deal with con men/rip off merchants, whatever. It should not adopt a 'if you get screwed, tough attitude'

I may be wrong but it seems this kind of thing is not unusual on here.

I expect to encounter bad people from time to time but now that this has happened then action should be taken to ensure that you or the next guy dont get shafted like me and the other unfortunate folk duped by this guy.

This is common sense, no?

I echo what Gump says above, if unsure about someone don't deal with them. However I have dealt with many new members who are absolutely great and equally with longer standing ones where the experience has been less so (I must stress that the latter is very few and far between) so I'm not sure the '50 post' suggestion would necessarily solve things. My experience here has been overwhelmingly positive and I guess this is the case for the vast majority of others if the Feedback Forum is anything to go by - check there before making a purchase might be one way forward?

All that said however sadly I am one who is waiting for something from Badronald (substitute swear word of choice for Bad it appears) who seems to have gone off radar although my purchase was small enough to be able to put down to a bad experience. Badronald last posted on 21st October but says that his location is a Lab although I appreciate that in Cambridge this hardly narrows things down. There could be an innocent explanation - holiday, illness, family crisis, being generally crap - but that is cold comfort for anyone who has paid out and is waiting.

ededwards":34aiea8j said:
my purchase was small enough to be able to put down to a bad experience. .

Thats how these people work a little here and there not enough to be an outrageous amount something you wouldn't necessarily chase.

I will be chasing though. I should have clicked when he said no paypal the only method which affords the buyer any protection.

I have to say the fact that this has happened, is enough for me to want to make it difficult for it to happen to others in future.

Not again Pickle!

Have to say I don't agree with the 50 posts, but the trader rating might be an idea if it's not too difficult to setup/maintain.

Less regulation more information, leave it up to the individual to decide.

Im not suggesting 50 posts. Its an idea to insure some sort of security for the members on here, whether its a trading policy, so many posts, whatever, something!

Its bad form to let this slide. Im no mug, but it seems I've been had along with some others.

It should be made difficult for this to occur on here again imo.

As somebody said earlier - why not just apply your own personal 50 post threshold? Simple.

See someone selling something? Look at total posts. Hmm... less than 50 (or whatever your personal threshold might be), I think I'll give that one a miss.

We also have a great feedback thread which is well used where you can check up on the status of a lot of the buyers/sellers here.

Im not suggesting 50 posts. Its an idea to insure some sort of security for the members on here, whether its a trading policy, so many posts, whatever, something!

Its bad form to let this slide. Im no mug, but it seems I've been had along with some others.

It should be made difficult for this to occur on here again imo.

I can see where you are coming from and feeling upset I got caught up in a simlar thing a while ago, But really it cant be the sites responsibilty for people trading .... There is a feedback section where traders can post comments about dealings ... if you chose to deal with someone that is new you are always taking a chance and banking on trust which is 99% of the people on this site. But I cant see how the site can really change anything if someone is a bad trader thats it really?? I have 900+ posts but never sold anything ???

Bob Fossil":2qggezlr said:
gump":2qggezlr said:

I don't think you would be so objective if it were you that had been stung, your attitude is no use.

This forum should be pro-active in taking measures to deal with con men/rip off merchants, whatever. It should not adopt a 'if you get screwed, tough attitude'

I may be wrong but it seems this kind of thing is not unusual on here.

This is common sense, no?

Bob. I think you will find that when your anger is calmed, there is very little that is possible and workable for one of the most active trading boards for retro goods.
I have been stung before. Now I am more careful. Not sure I appreciate your statement regarding my attitude.

We are proactive. We ban. We follow up complaints. We instigated the feedback forum. But we are not responsible for your actions.

You are also wrong - this kind of trading is unusual on here. There have been tens of thousands of sales. I think this is the third case of a significant issue.

Frankly, 32 posts down and becoming abusive is hardly appealing to my good nature or contributing positively to the site.

I think this is common sense, no?

Back