Bomber 30 mm Seals - various Types?? Differences?

Dr-Zocchi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,

I'm wondering what kind of seals have been produced by Marzocchi for the 30mm Bomber's.
Nowadays I can find offers from 15 up to 49,95 ($ / € / etc.), but I'm not sure about. What is sold most? Did yome of you need such seal kit's and had problems to get a kit?

Have a look at this 2 pictures, it shows the dust seals and the oil seals, I found both in 2 versions. Apart from the Enduro replacements I'm wondering what kind of seals had also been produced?

Which are the last and best for Marzocchi 30mm Bombers?

Do any of you can provide pictures about other types of 30mm seals?

What's the current best offer for a kit (2x dust + 2x oil seals)?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bomber 30mm Dust Seal Differences 800px.jpg
    Bomber 30mm Dust Seal Differences 800px.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Bomber 30mm Oil Seal Differences 800px.jpg
    Bomber 30mm Oil Seal Differences 800px.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 498
the higher ones are made for the cnc arch forks, the lower (least taller) ones for the one-piece (commonly knows as the M-arch) forks.
there is a difference in the outer diameter, and there is less available space in the M-arch forks - that means the newer seals fit the older forks without a hiccup.

Re:

It's the opposite from what I've seen, taller dust seal is for newer forks, short one is the older style.

All the original bolt together cnc arch forks I have here have the shorter dust seal that says Marzocchi and a part number. The dust boots interface correctly with the shorter seal.

All the m-arch forks I've seen came with the taller seal that does not work with boots. They are all early two piece m-arch forks, not the later one piece lowers, don't think that matters at all though.

I would tend to trust the later seals just because they are probably a decade newer and are still usable.

Re:

I've bought oil seals from the local motorcycle dealer with the same specification as the original Bomber seals. 5 or so pound for a set of 2.

30mm seals

i was in a similar situation a while ago with 30mm seals and took a punt on these from ebay. bought two sets for my y2k bomber z4 flylights and my z3 m80s. they are slightly thicker/taller but fit perfectly under the circlip and seal up lovely. i have been ridding both sets and can report the seals are still sealed :D
i only needed the oil seals as the wipers were still good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-x-40-x-8- ... 2749.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
FYI : In the end I did it myself, I just received the information, that my reproduction (both classic and M-arch + Oil seal) has been finished. I'm awating shipping to DE now.

Done. In stock now. o_O

Attachments

• 30mm Bomber Seals Results 800px.jpg
    30mm Bomber Seals Results 800px.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit classic 800px.jpg
    Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit classic 800px.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit M-Arch 800px.jpg
    Marzocchi Bomber 30mm Seal Kit M-Arch 800px.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 8
Back