Twentys for 20

kingoffootball":5b5vsj1t said:
That's odd, it must be a different model from mine. I just went to take a photo, but the crank gets in the way. There is only one circle of thread visible either side on mine when it is fitted.

Yeah....odd. Can't find much in the way of sizing on any of the documentation online (Mavic manuals etc) and there isn't anything on the shell to suggest which model it is - other than a 9012c number - which doesn't offer up much in Google searching.

As I say - I took a punt on it and it was a reasonable price. I think I can make it work.

Long seat post turned up yesterday from China.....a lot quicker than expected it has to be said.

Shame about the amount of white graphics on it but the finish is really nice - exactly what I'm after. Married it up to an old Flite Titanium Alpes that I recovered with fresh leather a few years ago.....I've ridden these saddles for a while so my behind is quite adapted to the lack of padding......I'll be running with this I think.

LuD12Lhl.jpg

QRXVz3ml.jpg

EQUdGqml.jpg

fBlaDcVl.jpg

Long quill stem ordered last night from China-land......to match the lofty seatpost.

Re:

I have a very late one in original paint, which now has BMX-sized wheels, a Campag Record front hub (it was lying around in the spares box) and a rather funky Sachs Duomatic 102 2-speed kickback rear hub which I bought from some shyster in Germany with an incorrect brake cone fitted, so it wouldn't work until I managed to track down the right part. No cables to the rear of the bike at all.

20180520_123547 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

I bought the bike for a tenner because it had apparently only been ridden on its maiden voyage, straight into a wall which had bent the fork right back. The head tube and frame were absolutely fine so I fitted a chromed BMX fork with V-brake bosses. It stops better than your average Twenty, with a front V-brake and a rear coaster brake.

Re: Re:

rogerzilla":2svxt646 said:
I have a very late one in original paint, which now has BMX-sized wheels, a Campag Record front hub (it was lying around in the spares box) and a rather funky Sachs Duomatic 102 2-speed kickback rear hub which I bought from some shyster in Germany with an incorrect brake cone fitted, so it wouldn't work until I managed to track down the right part. No cables to the rear of the bike at all.

I bought the bike for a tenner because it had apparently only been ridden on its maiden voyage, straight into a wall which had bent the fork right back. The head tube and frame were absolutely fine so I fitted a chromed BMX fork with V-brake bosses. It stops better than your average Twenty, with a front V-brake and a rear coaster brake.

Cool - love this. Have you got any more pics?

See I love the idea of a cable-less rear end - nice and clean. I have a coaster brake hub available that I was thinking of building up into a 20" rim but that obviously only gives me single speed......a coaster brake, geared hub would be ideal. I wonder what other options there are out there......

Re:

Nice job, did you know there’s a Twenty FB page ? Lots custom builds on there.

I restored a Kingpin a few years ago, still got it, it brings lots smiles when I ride it.

Back