• 14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15th

• Don't mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure thems the ones I had on the original clockwork- very sweet, please bring them along to glentress so I can fondle :roll:

Kaiser, I have some XT 6 spd thumbies going spare.

Now if they behave like XT 7spd thumbies which can be used with an 8 spd cassette, then XT 6 spd could be used with a 7 spd cassette. Don't know if this is possible but if I remember I'll bring them along to Glentress for you to assess.

Also got some tatty Deore 7spd thumbies on the Stumpy but I could swap these out if your interested. Not as nice as the XT ones though !

Question for you, what solvent is good for the removal of adhesive residue from behind old transfers/stickers without damaging the paint work.

Cheers

Velo

Acetone should do the job, got some downstairs Stephen!

Ethanol would work too, and likely to be safer for apint but both pretty innocuous...

Just add some cranberry juice and you have a party sized sea breeze cocktail......no?

Big drawback is the hangover is a bitch.

Velo XT ones sound good :D

for decal residue try either a citrus based degreaser like a kitchen spray, soak a rag and wrap round the tube. OR

I'm reliably informed, peanut butter, yes apply peanut butter to the residue leave for a bit and wipe off :eek: not a wind up, also allegedly cleans rims very well too.

kaiser":3k8auomk said:
I'm reliably informed, peanut butter, yes apply peanut butter to the residue leave for a bit and wipe off :eek: not a wind up, also allegedly cleans rims very well too.

Mmmmm.....clean and tasty....why wipe when you can lick? :D

Back