Orange Aluminium O - Pics and Questions

I would be more inclined to go for deore thumbies, reliable and less to go wrong and meet your needs as a functional bike for fitness and keeping it retro.
Love the bike by the way, have two Alu O's in the same colour!

they coated these in black plasticote stuff for some black versions. and by 'coated these', I mean left the satin silver paint on!

Hi there again,

I have got myself the Deore LX shifters and they are like new old stock. All the levers are really tight, everything feels really good but I havent had the chance to replace the grip shifters and fit them yet.

I just wanted to ask about saddles again - I bought a Charge saddle and its as rock hard as the last one! I ride every day (so its not a frequency issue) , but I could do with something with thicker gel or more comfortable - any recommendations?

Barry

Saddles are a very personal choice, trial and error unfortunately... so recommendations are very difficult.. maybe a avocet gelflex saddle, very soft and period correct :)

Going to have to try and see. The Charge is quite comfy saddles for the type, they're really nice on my bottom. Try different seat angles and positions (a few degree tilt can alter it a lot, or raise your seat so you're not sitting on it so much).

Aldi had some big padded gel things that would make my legs splay like a horse rider, maybe they're what you need. (they did look very comfy :))

Here's CRC's (large online store, probably the largest now it's it's also Wiggle.co.uk) their Town/City bikes selection https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/saddles?f=2260 maybe some idea, or pop into a store selling some bikes and try some out. UNFORTUNATELY, that doesn't tell you what they'll be like after 5 or 20 or 60 miles.

Latest posts

Back