kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Yo.. First post in the Roadie section!

Found this on Ebay Aus.. Chris Boardman's Lotus.. Thought it might belong in here ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Blimey, and here's Graeme Obree's old frame..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0051966853

01ea_3.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
the real deal

So would it make you jealous if I told you I actually own the 2nd prototype of Boardmans Lotus?
I aquired it from Mr Burrows a few years back (just before riding it in the Queens Golden Jubilee parade back in 2002). It's been featured in a number of publications and was tested on both road and track by Mike and Chris before the Lotus badged production run.
burrows003.jpg

burrows004.jpg

Note the similarity to Chris' bike, but NOT to the badge similar lotus above.
droppedImage.jpg

Boardman's bikes were works of art indeed, you can see who had the most financial backing, poor old Obree made his bikes in his shed out of old washing machine parts and the like! He was a "superman".

Back