mutton dressed as lamb - Claud Butler - Finished see page 2

I really like this - tis a shame what happened to CB.

Looks to be a good solid build - but for the love of God put some tyres on those rims :LOL:

reanimation":1caunr44 said:
It looks very good, and different. It was rumoured that CB frames are under the EBC Revolution range, still have not found that out and still dont nknow if thats a good thing, mines alright. My dads got late 90's, early 00's CB ally beast looks good

not sure what EBC are?

I know in mountain bike terms, claud butler were never really up there, despite their imense histroy in road and touring. but this frame was the last of the old school steel frames done by them, before all the bland taiwan ally frames with massive downtubes.

it was handbuilt in england dont you know :D

letmetalktomark":3dglw77f said:
I really like this - tis a shame what happened to CB.

Looks to be a good solid build - but for the love of God put some tyres on those rims :LOL:

:LOL: looking for the right ones.

Edinburgh Bicycle CoOp shop, their own brand Revolution.

Guess my dads is the modern skool one then, still looks good with his chunky slicks and always better than an old Apollo :D

Anyway, crack on its looking fresh. EngAland you say? Wow :cool: :D

Ha - my second bike (bought after the theft of my Dawes Kickback) was a fat-tubed Claude Butler. Loved that bike... and it's still in the shed.

Over the years that old CB wore XT thumbies & rear mech (+ green jockey wheels), USE seatpost + bars, triple-butted Project 2s followed by some random Rock Shox, Merlin-built Mavic 117s on XT hubs (with snow-flake front spokes + green nipples), an I-Beam stem, Impact h/set, DX levers wt XT V-brakes... and lots of the Umma Gumma & Porcs tyres I've seen on here.

Wasn't aware of the retro-bike phenomenon until recently, but tempted to drag the beast out of the shed and use some of those old bits...

If only I'd had a Claude Butler like this one, I'd still be using it!

spudgun":8v90ssng said:
Looking good crud, but I thinkthe front wheel is a no no

hmmmmm, well if it wasnt for the wheel the rest of the bike woulndt exist really, i bought the frame and a couple of bits but quickly went off the idea, then i got the wheel and thought id build something different

its finished now, i promise some decent high quality pictures tomorrow!!!

IMG00508.jpg

IMG00513.jpg

Back