Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

I’m only privy to a small part of THM’s master plan but I think even he has surprised / exceeded his own expectations here

Whilst the team has all paid the same entry fee and all equally entitled to the first lap I do think you’ll be in one of two minds

1. Get behind him and wish him the best of British
2. Happily let him go first so you can distance yourself from any association

As Neil points out he might need a runner to do the first 1k jog but they mustn’t try too hard and come in towards the very back of the field

Neil
The fast boys will be round in 30 mins - but that will only get them to the start line giving THM a 30 min head start

Beside when they see him it’ll be WTF all the way !

So they are 30-40 mins behind me when they start lap 2. I reckon that gives me about an hour before a few start shouting “ON YOUR R- WHAT THE F” etc

1K ? I reckon I could have a runner if I get a note from Mrs Hm.

Re: Re:

NeilM":2h1o9k6j said:
Two things.

The starting lap has in the past always included a 1k run.

Fast riders will most likely be doing 35 to 45 minute laps.

I'll stick to riding at night, it's much kinder to the spectators.

Getting your Bolx out at night, is very thoughtful of you. Don't want to scare any wildlife, do we.

Mike

Mike Muz 67":18k7gbph said:
regan_ev":18k7gbph said:
Is there going to be a return of te MkIV Golf next year? Opposed to the Biggest van in Britain and a fleet of high seatpost low front end rigs like last year??
I'll be hiring a van, as it looks unlikely I'll buy one by then. I can sleep well in the van. Not so in a small tent or the car

Well ok, maybe four bikes :roll: :facepalm:

Mike
Deffo the way to go! Not sure you can narrow down the fleet to just 4 riders though. :LOL:

NeilM":18k7gbph said:
The starting lap has in the past always included a 1k run.
Is it compulsory? Couldn't he just stay with the bike, all inconspicuous, wait while the rest run the lap, then just ride off at the back?

regan_ev":1u9sm0oa said:
Is it compulsory? Couldn't he just stay with the bike, all inconspicuous, wait while the rest run the lap, then just ride off at the back?

I get the impression that THM is going to be far from inconspicuous.

NeilM":21obylpp said:
regan_ev":21obylpp said:

I get the impression that THM is going to be far from inconspicuous.
:LOL: Of course what was I thinking?! :facepalm:

The History Man":i28441xn said:
If my genius is going to be fully exploited, I really do need that first lap. This will give me time to get round before anybody has to attempt an overtake...............

Any objections on the very relaxed mentalist team of judaeans.

My thoughts and build depend upon it. Otherwise I might have to tone it down.

A bit.

Reg.... Mentalists? I thought we were the Popular Front?

Bagsy a grave yard shift.....

PeachyPM":2hpkpuye said:
Bagsy a grave yard shift.....

With your team it could a very long and lonely graveyard shift :D
I have a feeling you won’t have too much competition

We’ll sort out running order and night laps in the new year,

Back