Mavic wishbone shifter rubber covers.

Hotwheels.

Old School Grand Master
Proper longshot this one...Rubber covers needed for the wishbone triggers, all four please, original or repro.

Re:

Werent they made by Simplex?Could make it easier if you include Simplex in your search.Its a proper obscure one though.Are you running full Mavic?

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":34b68t4m said:
Werent they made by Simplex?Could make it easier if you include Simplex in your search.Its a proper obscure one though.Are you running full Mavic?
I shall try Mavic/Simplex next, just thought someone here may have some on the off chance...and yes, full Mavic group.

danson67":am76szco said:
Although they're moulded, they do look a lot like some dipped coatings.

You could try a few coats of PlastiDip.
Or failing that, hand mould with Sugru or Versimold.

All the best,
Hand mould! With my skills it would end up looking like a used johnny hanging off it. I'll see what a search throws up first I think but thanks for the idea.

The Plasti dip is pretty basic, like thick paint, but both Sugru and Versimold are a bit like Plasticine and can be smoothed and cut easily.
Sugru takes around an hour before it's starting to set, full 24 hours to cure.
Versimold only sets when it's heated in an oven, so plenty of chance to get it looking right.

All the best,

Am not sure of the exact dimensions , but could the foam “fingers” used to cover the last generation Pace forks lock out lever be re-purposed for this. Now these maybe equally rare hard to find, but just an other idea to broaden search

Re: Re:

Hotwheels.":131k4dln said:
66 triumph daytona":131k4dln said:
I shall try Mavic/Simplex next, just thought someone here may have some on the off chance...and yes, full Mavic group.
Full Mavic!Pics and details please......

Back