'69 Claud Butler Corridore Project

Re: Claud Butler Frame ID

Erskine":6fydnpwt said:
My Japanese Clements is full on Shimano groupsetitus. Which is only fitting really.
This one will be built with a proper mix of aesthetically pleasing retro sexual components, which might not be quite age appropriate but will be nice to look at!

Don’t get me wrong there’s plenty of 60’s & 70’s cool Japanese stuff out there, but 90’s kit just looks plain wrong. (Only my opinion.. not the law of course) :xmas-cool:

I'm quite a fan of the solid suntour stuff but not the pressed/stamped bits. Arabesque / 600 doesn't do it for me. My favourite retro Shimano stuff is the EX 400/500 line. I like its plain businesslike functionality.

Time to change the thread title I think. If you edit it in the first post it will be changed for the rest of the thread.
Oh and now you’ve got more than 30 posts you can add a signature too!

Erskine and Peachy,

Prugnat 62a lugs must be what you have on your frame. (Although I really cannot tell difference between 62a and 62s.) Appears only '69/70 Claud Butlers made with 62a lugs were Olympic Road and Corridore. As Chris points out crown is wrong for the Olympic.

So we are left with Corridore and I agree likely a 1969. Seems there may have been several layers of paint over the frame's lifetime, but there are smatterings of white on top of head tube lug area, top of seat tube and bottom of BB that are perhaps original - perhaps you can tell if deepest layer?

Doug

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=134987
viewtopic.php?t=177032
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41819900@ ... 455272195/

Attachments

• 6455272195_4c9245f0fb_b.jpg
    6455272195_4c9245f0fb_b.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 494

Embarassingly, I must admit that I only saw and read 1st page of the thread before posting!!! I do think the Corridore is most likely. Hopefully helps.

Doug

:D Ah ha! Well done Doug, The Corridore certainly was a contender, I just hadn’t seen one in the flesh and got dissuaded by the reference to the blue paint. :oops:
But I think that photo you found is pretty conclusive,
Here’s the catalogue scans for reference;

Attachments

• 69Corridorep2.jpg
    69Corridorep2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 69Corridorep1.jpg
    69Corridorep1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 485

PS Erskine...
Start saving your penny's, see the "All Italian Transmission" in bold! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like wilfh made a proper job of his one.

Attachments

• Corridore 58268 - Copy.jpg
    Corridore 58268 - Copy.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 480
Oh dear, that suddenly got expensive!
Seems that the blue over the white was not for a white steering head and seat tube panel but a respray over the white frame!

Erskine":3deetusj said:
Oh dear, that suddenly got expensive!
Seems that the blue over the white was not for blue steering head and seat tube panel but a respray over the white frame!
Not neccesarily, the green white and red are all non metalic, so maybe a good saving could be had spraying it yourself.
Its not as difficult to get a good finish as some think,

Here's a great thread by Allenh;
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=388995

Back