Tents

s_zigmond

Senior Retro Guru
OK so im doing the real ale wobble and have decided my festival tent isnt really up to the job for the worst wales has to offer. So wondered what others used. Im after 1\2 man easy to put up \ down and water proof.

heh im taking my quecha (or some other random selection of letters) pop up tent. So far its only been tested in +40 deg C heat in the desert areas of southern spain (Bennicassim festival).

However I am packing 2 double duvets, 2 fleece blankets, a roll mat, a decent sleeping bag and very large and warm coat. The plan for if it turns cold is to create a human hamsters nest.

JeRkY":15o3kj70 said:
heh im taking my quecha (or some other random selection of letters) pop up tent. So far its only been tested in +40 deg C heat in the desert areas of southern spain (Bennicassim festival).

However I am packing 2 double duvets, 2 fleece blankets, a roll mat, a decent sleeping bag and very large and warm coat. The plan for if it turns cold is to create a human hamsters nest.

Watch out for the pool of water that forms just above the entrance! ;)

I'll be taking a Coleman Cobra - which is a great tent but you probably don't care about it being lightweight unless you're planning on putting it up for your lunch stop on the way round!

TBH there are 101 decent options out there... how much do you want to spend, & how bothered are you about the 'easy to put up' bit? Are you after something that goes up in 30 seconds or less, or something more conventional that might take 5 mins? I've yet to see an 'instant' tent that looks like it would hold up to any real abuse / weather, but camping on a playing field isn't all that extreme :LOL:

under £50 quid as it wont be used much. Happy for it to take 5 mins but needs to be easy to put up in pissing rain and wind. Will mainly be used in Wales for cycling \ off roading (car). Weight and size not a huge issue as would normally have the car to set off from\leave it in.

Hotel ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Me and my camping buddy just bought a coleman ridgeline 4 ,2 seperate sleeping compartments and a large central living area,all for £30 on ebay,still has the new tent smell
This is quite a big tent [2.7m x 4.3m],but after spending two months in a 2 man ,i need my space
You should think about how easy is is to cook etc when its howling a gale and or pissing with rain,u cant go outside so do you need 1 that allows you to cook etc inside
There is zero room for this in a 1/2 man tent,my advice is a strong dome-style 3 man room for ur bike[wheels off] plus all ur stuff ,plus room to cook

And if you bring someone back............ ;)

The one I used a lot in Wales was a Terra Nova Voyager. It is expensive but it's one of the best tents that I've used. It even worked reasonably well when I used it in the Alps. :)

I'd second that. People have used them up to 20,000 feet OK. It's a seriously good design. I have used mine for cycle touring and it's been great. It's also only just over 2kg.

Mine has finally got leaky this year after 14 years.

Back