What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?

depends what size it is, if its not my size i dont notice so much :)

things that dont look right to me on bikes are bar ends on risers, risers on long stems, long stems, mismatched tyres, mismatched rims, road tyres on mtb, large cheap saddles, modern saddles, phone holder and phone on bars, clip on brake guides, mud guard fixed to seatpost, inner tubes wrapped around chainstay.....

Re: Re:

The History Man":2716km0s said:
So pleased. I thought I’d gone too far.

Sorry THM. That really is far too much for me. Makes me ill.

The food stash (only Lidl's finest) in my fridge seems more colour aligned and coordinated than that, but then
again I struggle with bikes that are not in shades of monochrome.

A beautiful fillet brazed oldskool frame covered in Modern SRAM

Retro Spud":25ycxvhv said:
Brown saddles, Black walled tyres

and agree with the above Charge splash backs are proper fugley.... should have been named Dick Splash
Oops! The tyres are original though :D

Attachments

• 20180811_145646-806x605.jpg
    20180811_145646-806x605.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 306
Re:

Lol ^^^ of course your right

However it does not make it right nor any more pleasing on the eye, and in my book they would be changed in the shop

That said tons of folk wouldn’t have it any other way - And of course I respect that :) however the thread is entitled “what do YOU hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike” and inviting folk to share an opinion so I not sure where your going - but debate away I respect any ones right to differ.

Just one request ...Let’s not get too presious and fall out in the process they are just tyres and since that’s NOT my bike and I never paid for the tyres (nor saddle) the owner can dam well put on what ever they like.....Or as you point out wheel it out the shop and keep it like that !

Latest posts

Back