1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

Jamiedyer":24fgblz8 said:
Lookin very smart indeed. Soon be finished and hitting the trails.

Gils the man ;)

Jamie

He certainly is, I’ve enjoyed working closely with him (easy when he’s only 20 miles away) on some of the more bespoke CB typefaces.

But I’ve come home to a job list as someone’s viewing our house tomorrow..... (why do wives make everything else a priority?) :(

So tonight, I’m allowed to play with my sticker album!

But before I crack on with that, I officially started the build last night with…of course… the Bottom Bracket!
A Shimano Deore XT BB-UN72 sealed cartridge from 1996, a bit scratched up on the surface, far from NOS, but it runs really smooth and to be honest the budget has gone on some more visible parts.

The threads in the shell did need a little restorative work and after spraying the inside of the BB shell with dry PTFE, they now work a dream. Shimano Deore XT BB-UN72  a.jpeg Shimano Deore XT BB-UN72  .jpeg

Last edited:

Longun":3aodtxq6 said:
very nice

Chris are you taking the piss

You comment on a few pic’s of a fitted Shimano bottom bracket ;)

legrandefromage":1pwet781 said:
A fitted BB that should have aluminium cups both sides...

Now that’s a real comment ^^^ :D ..... plastic cup :shock: :facepalm:

Jesus Christ Mr Peach with slap dash attention to detail like that anyone would think your rebuilding a crappy Carrera, and itching to covering it in stickers

Better be off now, as I’ll have LGF after me for knocking under valued brands :LOL:

You bunch of meany pegs.... I'm going back to my stickers... :cry:

The History Man":23ehkl87 said:
Sticker whore.

I feel all sticky..... and I like it....

Hmmmmm.... I like it...... 1302678D-8882-491B-A5CF-522C8A30DA95.jpeg DD7627E2-B812-4645-A0F0-D27C44A6C374.jpeg 422273D3-FE82-4452-A4E1-0B6BBDDCC7B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back