why so many bottle mounting bolts ???

I have this raleigh USA crseted Butte from 1986.

gallerypic.asp

http://www.mrsite.co.uk/gallerypic....emonger.com/USERIMAGES/thumb_crestedbutte.jpg

Not that the picture shows it, but it has THREE bottle cage style bosses on the seat tube. Two are low down in the normal place, and normal distance apart. However a third one can be found half way to the top tube - too far away for it to be used with one of the lower ones as a bottle cage mount?

So what's that all about then?

It could have been for a co2 cartridge holder. My Miyata road bike has a similar single bolt, but located in a different location. When I bought it, the shop said it was for the cartridges. :?:

Thunderchild

It's so you can carry a two litre PET bottle of coke around with you; depending which manufacture made the frame some will only take Pepsi bottles whilst others only Cocal Cola ;)

radar is correct. I think it was blackburn who made a massive cage to carry a "normal" (IE bottled water) 2L water bottle. WTB & a few others used to use 3bottle boss mounts as well.

Yeah, not sure of the date of co2 cylinders. Retroking #1 jarred my memory though. I worked on a neighbors old Jamis and it had a shoulder strap bolted on near the top of the seat tube for carrying the bike on your shoulder. First time I had ever seen that.

Thunderchild

Back