Rockshox Reba 2007 service question.

xerxes

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I have a set of 2007 Rockshox Reba SL and I want to service them, however I'm struggling to find the right service kit. There seems to be two, one with the outer seals and foam rings, the other with a whole bunch of "O" rings and air valves.

What should I get and any suggestions on where from?

Re:

the one with all the O rings is for the internals, as in the full service kit, the foam ring and resiwiper seals is just for the lower service which is fine if the fork is actually working properly

Re:

the resiwiper seals already have some grease on them although so it doesn't move when i put the lowers back on the uppers i wipe some oil over it, regards grease i use manitou prep M which i think is getting rare apparently these days, my tube has lasted ages though.

also, the foam rings, i soak them in the same weight oil that goes in the bottom of the fork , and they should be put in after the resiwiper seal is fitted to the lowers, the reason being is that if you soak the foam ring then put it in place then fit the seal the oil from the foam ring can sometimes mean the rubber of the seal lubricates the seal meaning it can pop out after the fork is reassembled.

Re:

Thanks.

Regarding the grease, these forks have never been serviced, so I'm assuming I should replace all the "O" rings, circlips, etc. I've never serviced forks before, so I watched some videos to see what's involved. In one video they used grease on all the "O" rings when they reassembled the forks, in another, they just used some of the fork oil, which is correct?

Re:

Would the grease on the internals, "O" rings, etc., not dissolve into the fork oil and alter it's weight/properties?

Back