1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

for the cables, I usually leave the outers in, remove inner cables, levers, etc, then run an inner back through the outer, and remove the outer leaving the inner cable fully routed. tape it the ends to the frame to stop them pulling through. I've never done that with maguras, but I guess if you bled the oil out and removed the levers and pistons you could do the same, an inner gear cable would probably fit through the hoses OK, make sure you solder the end first so you don't scratch or puncture them from the inside though

Re:

You can nitride any metal :D . I just thought a slimmer post looked better with the saddle I am going to put on

foz":2fm2xypo said:
for the cables, I usually leave the outers in, remove inner cables, levers, etc, then run an inner back through the outer, and remove the outer leaving the inner cable fully routed. tape it the ends to the frame to stop them pulling through. I've never done that with maguras, but I guess if you bled the oil out and removed the levers and pistons you could do the same, an inner gear cable would probably fit through the hoses OK, make sure you solder the end first so you don't scratch or puncture them from the inside though

Sram has a little connector for hydraulic cables that you get with the dropper so no problem changing them. Just don't know what sort of cable inner is in the frame for the gear cables. Thanks for the soldering tip.

Re: Re:

kalex":29uviris said:
Also pop pictures up of how you repair the chips please

No problem, will do a little tutorial. I am coming to the conclusion though that the frame will need a respray as the paint is a little flat and needs some depth to really show off those curves

Re:

The next one to solve is gearing. It came with 9 speed XT. More age appropriate is 8 speed and XTR M900 (or M910). Only problem is the shifters. Most XTR came with integrated brakes and shifters and as far as I can gather shifter mounts are very rare, Has anybody got any comments or idea's?

Re:

Thanks for the heads up but looking at STI versions as the clamps are polished and ripe for Nitriding

Back