Low stack threaded headsets

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
The Yo currently has a non-cartridge Shimano 105 threaded 1" headset on it that's a bit notchy, so it's getting replaced when the rebuild commences. However, the 105 non-cart headset has a pretty low stack height of 34mm, and I couldn't find a cartridge bearing headset with such a low stack height, so settled for an identical replacement 105 h/set.

However, I completely forgot to see if anyone on here knows of a good quality 1" threaded cartridge headset with a stack height of 34-36mm as I don't think I've got much thread on the steerer to play with...

Any ideas?

I've just taken an XT one off my P2's, I'll have a look. Forgive my ignorance, but when you say low stack do you need the cable hanger widget in there as well (you know where the cable outer goes into before dropping to the canti's)?

No, I don't have enough steerer to run a headset cable hanger, so I'll be using a quill-mounted one instead...

Been searching and found that the shimano 105/Ultegra/Dura-Ace cartridge headsets are 37.6mm stack height, and I think even that's going to be too much...

Not bothered about retro or not, but the FSA is threadless and I need threaded!

EDIT: beat me to it! :LOL:

Looks like it may have to be a CK Gripnut @ £65...

Ring Argos in Bristol.
They use a Tange Levin headset for low stack height frame / fork combo's
1" and very nice, I have one on my Dyna Tech roadie, replaced the 600 Ultegra I used to run.
I think they are about £10 but check with them first.

Back