The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Dale cannon":vijayism said:
Any recommendations for a mini/micro system?

According to my wife I'm deaf and like crap music so I'm not looking for anything expensive/special but I have the irrational desire for separates.

I like the look of the TEAC 300 series, seem to be plenty for sale on eBay around the £150 mark.

Got 3 of these :cool: bad boys :cool: two mk2 and one mk3 with DAB,..one in the lounge, one in the diner..one in the garage..superb..
I love the chunky hifi 70/80's look :cool:

Ernie :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_9753.PNG
    IMG_9753.PNG
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,079
  • IMG_9754.PNG
    IMG_9754.PNG
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,079
Ernie":161e8no2 said:
Dale cannon":161e8no2 said:

According to my wife I'm deaf and like crap music so I'm not looking for anything expensive/special but I have the irrational desire for separates.

I like the look of the TEAC 300 series, seem to be plenty for sale on eBay around the £150 mark.

Got 3 of these :cool: bad boys :cool: two mk2 and one mk3 with DAB,..one in the lounge, one in the diner..one in the garage..superb..

That's my ideal setup!

I really want a MK3 with DAB. There seems to be plenty on eBay in my £150-200 price range, just waiting on one to turn up close by or with reasonable P&P charges.

What's the turntable? Fits in well with the style of the separates.

Ben.

Dale cannon":3r31ph73 said:
Ernie":3r31ph73 said:
Dale cannon":3r31ph73 said:

That's my ideal setup!

I really want a MK3 with DAB. There seems to be plenty on eBay in my £150-200 price range, just waiting on one to turn up close by or with reasonable P&P charges.

Ben.

Hi Ben..both are :cool: Technics SL1200 mk2 :cool: ...you can get loads of 1210 black ones..but the silver ones are more scarcer ..only assume that black were the rage{and show the dust}

Ernie :D

Dale cannon":1hcdlbbc said:
Ernie":1hcdlbbc said:
Dale cannon":1hcdlbbc said:

That's my ideal setup!

Ben.

Silver mk2 have DAB.. :cool:
Ernie ;)

A bit of a shot in the dark, but trying this question here: I'm trying to set up the tonearm on a Rega Planar 2 (the 70's model with a green logo), and when fiddling with the counterweight I threaded it all the way off the back of the tonearm. Problem is, it won't thread back onto the plastic screw again, it just slides right through. The counterweight has a little sprint that I suppose should thread into the screw, but it's pushed all the way up into the counterweight and won't move when pressed. Should I try to hammer it down with proper force, or am I just missing something silly?

Re:

Never had a Rega and don't know the answer. Suggest hammering is not the solution though....be gentle with Rega and pleasant noise she will yield. Look and learn young Grasshopper

;)

Back