The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: 90's separates

Some lessons always learnt the hard way, gave it a wipe to remove the stoor with a spray cleaner and the top isn't happy.....it's an early one, pre-dates the series versions I think. Will polish the top up if you're still interested, hopefully. Think there was the Alpha and Alpha Plus before it went to Alpha 1 etc.

Attachments

• P1020042.JPG
    P1020042.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,527
Re:

Pioneer VSX-922 (six HDMI inputs)

HDMI switching is a bit off but its in very good condition and no other issues

£75 posted

Thanks for the advice on the turntables, sadly both deals fell through for various reasons. I've been offered a Lenco L75 in good working condition instead, with the caveat that the small gray arm that you manually lift the cartridge and tonearm with is missing. Is that a serious problem, or can I just lift it by the headshell instead?

Any recommendations for a mini/micro system?

According to my wife I'm deaf and like crap music so I'm not looking for anything expensive/special but I have the irrational desire for separates.

I like the look of the TEAC 300 series, seem to be plenty for sale on eBay around the £150 mark.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,995
Dale cannon":xetgiiwr said:
Any recommendations for a mini/micro system?

According to my wife I'm deaf and like crap music so I'm not looking for anything expensive/special but I have the irrational desire for separates.

I like the look of the TEAC 300 series, seem to be plenty for sale on eBay around the £150 mark.

Very good those TEACs. Also the 500 & 600 series if you can find them.

Thanks, I think that the 5/600 series are going to be more than I want to spend.

Recommendations on where to buy other than the usual Gumtree/eBay route?

Have a look at the Chinese 'mini' amplifiers on ebay.

I bought a cheapy just to have a look and they are so well made. I deal for attaching a media player to or bluetooth from your phone etc etc etc.

Some require additional power supplies, make sure you use a decent one.

Or

These are ace!

aiwa22.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yep, cheap Chinese chip amps get my vote too:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Douk-Audio-D ... 1648077709

Got one in the workshop, sounds genuinely excellent. I use a laptop PSU, but you can power them off pretty much anything. Mine is currently powering a pair of JBL control 1s, which are fine, but I've tried it with "proper" speakers and remarkably it does the business.

Otherwise Denon compact stuff worth a look, more reliable than Teac IME.

Those old Aiwas are nice, but the tape deck never works, so it ends up being three boxes for a tuner amp - cute, but not really very compact. Aurex (Toshiba) made a similar (nicer?) setup BITD too.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back