Going Tubeless, Tyres and Rims?

I've tried going tubeless 3 times now...but the flat I got last week was the last straw, I'll never do it again. I find using tubes to be much less hassle. I get a flat maybe once a year if I'm unlucky... but with tubeless its all a regular occurrence. Having that goo spraying all over my bike and me it's just... just no.
Tubes for me, I just ordered a box of them.

Not saying that others shouldn't... but its not for me thanks.

Re:

I've just gone tubeless on my '18 stumpjumper comp, came with tubeless/2Bliss ready specialized butcher grids, and tubeless ready rims.

Watched a few GMBN how to guides, asked advice from a mate at work and got a pint bottle of stans no tubes.

Refitted almost all of the tyre after removing the tube, sprayed liquid glass cleaner around both sides of the tyre/rim to allow it to slip onto the bead easily, poured two caps of sealant into the open bit of the tyre and rotated that to the top, pushed the rest of the tyre into place and pumped it up with my cheap track pump, both slipped on the beads easily and went up no issues!

Shook/turned/bounced the wheels for a few mins then lay them on a bucket for a few mins per side, as per the guides, then fitted back on my bike.

The next morning they both felt good, rotated both wheels to slosh the sealant around a bit, then checked that evening after work, rear had lost a few psi, but that's normal for first installation, and normal if the bike is stood for a bit unridden.

First ride on them was the retrobike peaks ride last sat, both wheels came home with a thorn in, and I heard one happen on a descent, little split second 'psshh' of air, then silence and I carried on riding, still up a week later and I couldn't be happier!!

Well that didn't go to plan.

Got some one shot sealant and gorilla tape. Followed the guides (remarkably easy when I consider I service my own forks) which only left out using a bit of soapy water to slip the beads which I added.

Pumped up both tyres and they both immediately seated.

However i was greeted by loud hissing from both and about 2 mins later both were flat.

I've found 2 cuts, one in each tyre the one in the rear is certainly beyond the ability of the sealant to heal as I can see sealant coming out as well as air. The front may well survive. Annoying as both tyres have a decent amount of tread on.

Doing the bucket thing at the moment but both don't appear to be holding air. FFS!

Might try the other bike this evening as the tyres on that are only a ride old.

Carl.

Back