• 14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15th

• Don't mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No probs AC think we will be taking 2 cars anyway so the 5 of us should be good to go- Have you put the massi up yet?

Not yet. It needs a clean and photographed, also I feel strangely sad about doing it :(. Stripping it made me realise how nice a frame it is, so many nice details especially the ritchey dropouts. However I just can't justify spending cash on it and I think it needs to go to a loving home where it can be built up with nice stuff rather than like the utilitarian work horse that it was.

Sore_tint,

Whats up with the KHS, maybe I can help, I'm local to you being Loanhead based. Bodging bikes found in ditches or skips is my specialty so sorting something good should be easy :D

Kaiser,

looks like Dave will be the only show and he is not a confirmed yes, i'll keep working on him and try to get him on his brothers old bike, otherwise he will definitely leave us for dead.

Frankenbike looks the part so far, just fitted suntour wishbone thumbies, cool shifters I think ! The rear falcon mech clashes nicely with the shimano DX front mech. A work in progress.............Mwahahahahahaha !!!

Tell me Igor, why are all those peasants armed with pitchforks and burning torches advancing on my shed ?............Igor?............Igor!!!!!!

Does an '06 heckler count as retro? sure it does...

As long as the rider is retro! Thats how I justify it anyway...

Should be there on the 'tense but haven' been out in too long so unfit as well as wrecked elbow

Velo- hope your busy baking cakes!!

Sorry no picture at moment but theyre cheap and plasticy feeling, fit under the bars, 7spd indexed.

Got a set of more conventional 7spd suntour thumbies Dave gave me, high end racer spec, milled brass looking barrel adjusters, black painted metal fiittings, I think there Suntour XC-E.

Also got several friction type 1980's all metal thumbies and a 7 speed Suntour 'rapid fire' sort of shifter.

I collect thumb shifters it seems as I have several more sets and the sickening thing is I never pay more than £1-2 per set.

Two good bike recycling charities are local to me.

In fact I seen a 90's full chromo rigid mtb by focus on sale in one charity. I had not heard of focus until Wiggle started selling them on the web recently but they seem to have been around a lot longer than I thought.

Igor is pronounced eegor, lots of Igors in Terry Pratchet novels.......yesh mathster

Too much time on other forums combined with new web filter at work!! Got a proper profile now though...
Still tempted to buy something old and tasty, but flat keeps threatening to burst at seams, Think I've got about 12 spare tyres for the modern now, plus all the other toys...

Got a set of more conventional 7spd suntour thumbies Dave gave me, high end racer spec, milled brass looking barrel adjusters, black painted metal fiittings, I think there Suntour XC-E.

XC-Pro- XT equivalent of the time if I'm thinking of the same ones?

Back