Any body want to buy Evans Cycles??

Well if Wiggle come in, then there's something very fishy going on considering they could barely afford to purchase Chain Reaction...

doesn't bother me, nearest Evans is 40 miles away.
The internet brings things to me for cheaper.

I guess this does mean Muddy Fox will become a top actual cycle brand again and be available in your nearest large SportsDirect and House of Fraser ;-)

Top chap, using his morals for the good of the high street, bailing all these companies out he now owns or has stakes in.

FluffyChicken":14c3f1nl said:
I guess this does mean Muddy Fox will become a top actual cycle brand again and be available in your nearest large SportsDirect and House of Fraser ;-)

:LOL: :LOL:

But no surprise on the jobs & closures :(

al-onestare":3uj76zb7 said:
Please define what you mean by good for the high street.

I think (hope) he's taking the piss.
The man's probably got more dirty secrets and dodgy dealings than the CIA.
Probably not as many as Trump though.

Makes my internet shopping easier though.

[deletes shortcut to Evans on browser]

Re:

Asside from the slight sarcasm in zero hour contracts everyone will now be on and his buying up any old company and name that has a following to make money.

He is actually keeping large names (house of Fraser, evans) and brands alive, there are a lot of companies that would have gone under.
HoF and Evan are two that would no longer be there.
He may be screwing the working and treating them like robots, but I guess it the current business model that works.
We don't want to pay more to see local people have a good wage and jobs, the rent, tax, having to provide pensions and minimum wage is constantly going up
More so then most people payrises.

What a company to do, fold like Evan or HoF would.

I was taking the possibility, but sit back and he is actually keeping the three shops, that are left on the high street, open.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2c7v3ibr said:
I was taking the possibility, but sit back and he is actually keeping the three shops, that are left on the high street, open.

With (at least) half closing in each brand :LOL:

Back