Identification and misidentification of Campagnolo C-Record

Re:

There are two things mixed together here.

The problem of identifying Record parts from other parts is completely objective, they either are or they aren't, identifying them is very useful when looking on eBay etc.

The question as to what C Record is, is subjective. It's not in the catalogues as C Record, sometimes corsa and pista for road and track, but it's just Record.

I understand the need to distinguish it from the Nuovo/Super Record stuff, but there was quite a gradual evolution right up until 1995 when everything changed and they started writing the groupset names on the components.

In 1992 the first Ergo levers are listed with Delta brakes.

In 1991 both the screw on hubs and the cassette hubs are listed together.

So I personally wouldn't get too hung up if an eBay seller lists a 1994 Record groupset as C-Record.

Re: Identification and misidentification of Campagnolo C-Rec

gavr":1yofa0dj said:
agentorange":1yofa0dj said:
Headset - Generic Chorus/Record square nut with holes in upper race.

According to the 1988 catalogue there is a difference between the Record and Chorus headsets. The parts are all the same including the 3/16" bearings except apparently the lower cup that fits into the head tube. The Record part number is 1131059 while the Chorus (also supplied with CdA) is 1131049 unless that is a typo in the catalogue - I don't think so because the overall part codes are A0D0 (Record) and C0D0 (Chorus). I don't know how to tell the difference though :?

The adjustable cup is different on the two models - the Chorus has a thin, chamfered area at the lower edge, machined at a different angle from the rest of the outer surface. The C Record cup is shaped is machined at the one angle from top to bottom.

This illustration shows the difference clearly . .

Re: Re:

cromoman":1ozomw55 said:
The question as to what C Record is, is subjective. It's not in the catalogues as C Record, sometimes corsa and pista for road and track, but it's just Record.
The name "C-Record" is used in some official literature - but not consistently! The 18 bis catalogue, for example, calls the road group "Record corsa" while the track group is "C-Record pista". In the table of contents, both groups are called "Record", while the pages relating to individual components normally use "C-Record":

http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Cam ... 8_bis.html

Later catalogues drop the "C", but it pops up from time to time in other sources.

I agree with you that there was continuity and evolution within the Record/C-Record group during the period under discussion. For many people "C-Record" means Delta brakes, friction or Syncro shifters, threaded hubs, and pedals with clips and straps, but in the absence of consistency in the official literature, the question is subjective.

Back