Retro bikes we've spotted

Re: Retro bikes I saw........

Compliments of Tokyo, hence the variety: high zoot, weird, mundane and retro-nostalgia.

Attachments

• clem.jpg
    clem.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 1,270
  • marin.jpg
    marin.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 1,270
  • allsop.jpg
    allsop.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,269
  • amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 1,270
Re: Re:

xerxes":3l9t2sj1 said:
I was intrigued by that Clem Smith, it's actually only about a year old: https://www.rivbike.com/products/clem-h ... omplete-17

That's the thing! Is it retro or not? Does it need its own thread or forum? Does this style even have a name? Retro-nostalgia? Faux-retro? Or is this the real "retrobike" and everything else should properly be called "vintage"? :eek:

"The future is already here - it's just not evenly evenly distributed." - William Gibson.

Re:

Technically, it's the very definition of retro: "imitative of a style or fashion from the recent past", in the same way as the BMW Mini, and loads of motorcycles that are brand new, but styled like those from the 60s or 70s.

The name of the site is actually wrong, but I guess it's more snappy than "a-bunch-of-old-duffers-talking-a-load-of-guff-about-old-bicycles.com". :D

Re: Re:

xerxes":2pzd5do3 said:
"a-bunch-of-old-duffers-talking-a-load-of-guff-about-old-bicycles.com". :D
:LOL: :LOL: :shock:

I like the aluminium drink bottle.. :p
Is this bike actually locked up :?:

Re:

Nice Tequesta

IMG-20181026-093638.jpg

Re:

Saw this nice old manitou in town the other day....... so wanted to leave an offer on his bars

IMG-20190212-113939.jpg

and I know its roadie but a nice 88 specialized sirrus

IMG-20190215-143814.jpg

Re:

About time this thread got a bump.

Saw this Saracen Sahara locked up outside my work today, looked mostly original and in pretty good condition.

(Mrs jimo can't understand how I can spot a retro mtb from a mile off, I guess to most people it's just a bike, an old bike, and they wouldn't look twice at it, but if you like your retro mtbs You can easily tell the difference between something retro and just a BSO ;) ).

Attachments

• DSC_0613-798x450.JPG
    DSC_0613-798x450.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 806
Back