1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike) COMPLETE Page 5

Re: 1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike) COMPLETE!!! Page 5

Smithjss70":3uzsiv80 said:

PcpqFg.jpg
Great bike great build, perfect matching parts ..well done :cool:

Re:

Jason
Have to hand it to you that’s another one knocked out of the park !

Having looked at the pictures I have a burning question
The YETI on the rear is solid whilst the YETI on the main tubes is Stencilled

Is this rights as it looks odd ! ^^

The reason I ask is mine is exactly the same, and I put it down to Velocals printing them wrong ... and since I bought the 1 micron thin jobs they’ve been sealed down by a good coat of lacquer/clear coat - therefore I’m stuck with them for as long as I have the paint.

Please tell me Velocals are right and I’m a just being a retard

Attachments

• 1055D694-7C6E-4BCA-9A3C-AE9BF0263CDB.jpeg
    1055D694-7C6E-4BCA-9A3C-AE9BF0263CDB.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 360
Got the same decals from Gil on my FRO and there's (an original) one on the rear stay of my ARC AS/LT, so this one seems right :)

Double-E F":332cwoal said:
Got the same decals from Gil on my FRO and there's (an original) one on the rear stay of my ARC AS/LT, so this one seems right :)

Oh thank fork for that - thought it was just me !

Re:

I went back and forth and back again with decal selection. The only consistency was there really wasn’t a lot of consistency. Several suggested that they used what they had on hand at the time when the frames were being completed. I looked at all the spec builds of the same year and came to this decision. These were boutique bike frames so with that, I’m sure there was variability. No clear coat over this frame though. I’m rolling with it as is.

Thanks Jase, et al

So it’s official then - all this time that I’ve been embarrassed about my decals

I’ve just been a prize plumb !

Latest posts

Back