Dave Lloyd Frame Register

I tried to post some pictures, but the files are to big. I will try it again after asking someone who is less disabled in „computer questions“.

Thank you very much!

Ro

Re:

I always host my pictures, and link using the Img box ^^^ up there.

I use dropbox, but there are loads of other options for hosting pictures.

Re: LL93728

I contacted you earlier this month and you kindly identified this frame as a tourer made from 653 tubing in '93.

A bike has been assembled for me,using the frame,bybthe OWL Trust, near Cambridge, who run the cycle workshop as part of training for adults with learning difficulties. They have done an amazing job - see the pics.

For anyone interested, the frame came in a bundle of stuff, donated byb the family of a top local amateur rider, having been in storage for a long time. There are two more Dave Lloyd frames there; although cosmtically not as good as mine they do appear very sound. The Trust number is 01223 839580.

At the age of 64, I have recently taken up cycling, and am planning to use this bike on the Coast to Coast next spring -should be fun!!

Attachments

• IMG_3027.JPG
    IMG_3027.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3030.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 652
Re:

653 is a really nice tubeset and will give a great ride, the bike looks good and I hope you have many miles of enjoyment from it.

Re:

I have a Concept 650. 653 tubing from memory.
Serial no 95104 although it’s difficult to read. Bought new 1994/5 from Chris Sidwells in Southwell Notts.Any help much appreciated.
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 553
Re:

You are one number short on the frame number, it will be LL95104X.

Also there is no such animal as a Concept 650, the two bikes Dave made with 650C wheels were the Tri800 and the Quantum 650, there are a few of each in the 95104? range a couple of Tri800's shown are made of 653.

If you can make out that last number, I can reveal all.

The bike looks great though, and I love the little diamond detail on the front forks and rear stays.

Re:

Thanks for the quick response. Think it’s a 4.
Definitely a Quantum 650 not a Concept, it’s been a while!

Re:

BINGO!

LL951044 - Quantum 650 made for Go-Bike and made of Reynolds 653.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoy finding all this info for people and seeing their bikes.

Re:

Hi
I have a Dave Lloyd number 92542, it doesn’t appear to have the LL in front of it though, details will be greatly appreciated

Back