Shimano Deore DX RD-M650 rear derailleur

hannah

Retro Newbie
I have a Marin Bear Valley with M650 long cage derailleur. The cable adjusting bolt is busted, does anyone know where to get a new one?
It could also do with new jockey wheels where do I get them? Sorry i’m A newby and don’t really need a whole used unit off eBay

Thanks I didn’t know if they fit the M 650. Any advice about jockey wheels for this derailleur?
Thank You

Re:

hannah":cpja72s0 said:
Thanks I didn’t know if they fit the M 650. Any advice about jockey wheels for this derailleur?
Thank You

You'll need a set of 10 tooth for this one, there's a few options out there as mentioned above and they are easy to get hold of.

I used a set of Tacx ones on a recent build, which have worked well and have proper sealed bearings, unlike the originals. Example here: https://www.evanscycles.com/tacx-jockey ... gJ7DPD_BwE .

Brilliant! Thank you very much indeed I’ll get them on order with the adjuster. I was originally going to buy a new secondhand derailleur but thar would probably be knackered too so this is much better

A big thank you to Devout Dirtbag the derailleur is perfect and arrived really well packed.
I’m doing a bike maintenance course and the hubs are badly pitted. They are Deore DX M650 FH (rear) and HB (front). So I’m now on the lookout for replacements with decent shiny cups. I quite fancy a go at rebuilding the wheels which are good. It’s an old bike but I like it and it seems to fit.

Glad you are happy with it ! I taught myself to build wheels a few years ago from Roger Musson's excellent book, most enjoyable and very satisfying, so needless to say I can't offer you any hubs but as you can see on the macretro sales thread I have 3 pairs of 26" wheels for sale.....once I started building I forgot to stop. All heading for Preston bike jumble in a few weeks if you want to hijack me.............

Back