Holdsworth Frame Numbers

Gustavo":2tfwauul said:
Wolber,

Could you post a picture of the Reynolds decal from your frame, mine has lost that. Thanks

Gus
Gus,

My frame is in a bath of oxalic acid at the moment, I am trying to treat the rust while preserving the original paintwork. Will be able to take a photo of the decal in a day or two.

Wolber

Brilliant Dave,

Really useful, and thanks for all the time and effort you, Doug and many other put to this to keep this bit of cycling history alive.

Best

Gus

wolber":29anr7f2 said:
Gustavo":29anr7f2 said:
Wolber,

Could you post a picture of the Reynolds decal from your frame, mine has lost that. Thanks

Gus
Gus,

My frame is in a bath of oxalic acid at the moment, I am trying to treat the rust while preserving the original paintwork. Will be able to take a photo of the decal in a day or two.

Wolber
Gus,

This is what's left of my 531 decal after it's soaking in oxalic acid on a good note my frame is now free of rust.

Re:

Just an note that, as said many posts before, I own frame numbered 0520 and it was dated, by the VCC Holdsworth ME, from the 1933-1936 era, not 1939 as stated in the documentation.

Cheers!
Aniello

hi, thanks for the update. I had a link to an ebay ad for that frame, but charted it as 1934 due to other numbers around that time, one of them close to yours dated by VCC as 1933. I have grouped all of them as 1934 for time being as there are not that many frames to go on for now. I have also update the frame log with this link also and change the date on that page too.

Trust your happy with that. I think that the best that can be done with the avalible numbers for that period.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 145
dwscrimshaw":2x6hefuz said:
hi, thanks for the update. I had a link to an ebay ad for that frame, but charted it as 1934 due to other numbers around that time, one of them close to yours dated by VCC as 1933. I have grouped all of them as 1934 for time being as there are not that many frames to go on for now. I have also update the frame log with this link also and change the date on that page too.

Trust your happy with that. I think that the best that can be done with the avalible numbers for that period.

Did you run out of storage? I just downloaded the Excel file, but now it's not on-line anymore?

UPDATE, it's there, I think you were simply updating it.

Thanks, I 've added that link too.

I've been working on a track frame too, much latter than yours. Should get it finish this weekend hopfully and might even get out on it!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    160.4 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts

Back