1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

Cheers Jamie,
I had a superb birthday... the wife had an inspired idea... she issued a whisky wish list.
This is just the tip of the iceberg! :D B380140E-EF9D-4FFE-8FD1-66DBEF26CBB4.jpeg

Last edited:

legrandefromage":63x21sen said:
Glad it finally got some proper attention.

Cheers LGF. I might be asking for advise later, on appropriate parts up-grades if you will indulge me.....? :D

Getting bored now...... :(

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccjfSyO9ncM[/youtube]

Might as well go and do this;Father & Son Claud Butler Christmas Special :xmas-big-grin:

Evening Retro MTB types….
I hope you don’t mind, but could I canvas your opinion? I've got a full Deore LX group set on my CB Spectre that I was planning on using on my Antaeus, but probably only temporarily.
There’s a near full Deore XT group set on e-bay open to offers;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332818074030 ... .S1.R1.TR1

But having limited knowledge of MTB kit, I’m just not sure of its value, or whether I should be putting better (but still early 90’s) kit on it or if there was better than the XT stuff in 1990? :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

The XT group was the top Shimano group at that time, the one on offer is a bit of a hotch-potch 1990 brakes, 92/3 shifters. Still all good though.

The History Man":1zq8t213 said:
Use the matching lx. Good enough.

Must admit, my LX stuff looks in better condition, and I'm starting to get used to it.....might just save my pennies for more beer...

Is this the sort of practical camping equipment required for Mountain Mayhem? s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:

As long as there’s a drinks tray

Back