Look what arrived today....

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,600
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Er .... Fiendish Feet .... look at the 1991 and 1992 adverts on Mombat

http://mombatbicycles.com/MOMBAT/BikeHi ... /Onza.html

No Mandela Effect just some people not knowing version dates - pink label reached these shores in 1992. By 1996, as bike pro site makes clear from its pic dates, the pink label 2.10 racing porc IIs already had been discontinued.

Pink label 1991 to 1994 ish. Right retro....

Re: Re:

2manyoranges":39pst7mk said:
Er .... Fiendish Feet .... look at the 1991 and 1992 adverts on Mombat

http://mombatbicycles.com/MOMBAT/BikeHi ... /Onza.html

No Mandela Effect just some people not knowing version dates - pink label reached these shores in 1992. By 1996, as bike pro site makes clear from its pic dates, the pink label 2.10 racing porc IIs already had been discontinued.

Pink label 1991 to 1994 ish. Right retro....

Yeah no worries thanks for filling in blanks i only owned the nicer ones
never used porc 2s ,
But nice to see the history on the onza ad cheers tricky

fiendish feet":iu370z7n said:
i only owned the nicer ones
Porcs II pink label are the 'nicer' i.e. better ones, and are the ones to have for any riding or even displaying.

The tan-wall version of the Porcs IIs (pink label) and the Kevlar model (pink & purple label) arethe most valuable and most sought after today.Black-wall versions of both types are somehow completely unloved by all bar the most discerning retro heads (such as myself!).

The originals probably all fell apart or, if they still exist, have turned into plastic and will disintegrate at the slightest threat of being mounted to a rim, or dismounted if already fitted.

The big logo PORCUPINES were the last of the originals, the re-issues are the ones linked to in ebay, with the horrible orange stripe and a narrower tread (1.90", versus the white being 1.95", and original Porcs, Porcs !! and big logo Porcupines being 2.10")

regan_ev":36zre95f said:
fiendish feet":36zre95f said:
i only owned the nicer ones
Porcs II pink label are the 'nicer' i.e. better ones, and are the ones to have for any riding or even displaying.

The tan-wall version of the Porcs IIs (pink label) and the Kevlar model (pink & purple label) arethe most valuable and most sought after today.Black-wall versions of both types are somehow completely unloved by all bar the most discerning retro heads (such as myself!).

The originals probably all fell apart or, if they still exist, have turned into plastic and will disintegrate at the slightest threat of being mounted to a rim, or dismounted if already fitted.

The big logo PORCUPINES were the last of the originals, the re-issues are the ones linked to in ebay, with the horrible orange stripe and a narrower tread (1.90", versus the white being 1.95", and original Porcs, Porcs !! and big logo Porcupines being 2.10")

Yes thank you for expanding further
We've established now the pink labelled tyre were available few years earlier.. than first thought , i was correct in saying someone would be along shortly with correct info..
The reason their's not many whitewall and gumwalls available is their more desirable and most likely already in people collections.. hence the prices they sell for..
Come on look at that Onza ad go back to 1992 what tyres would you really pick ?

fiendish feet":2ub22u9g said:
what tyres would you really pick ?
Well I never bought white porcs BITD cos I thought they looked shite and I still wouldn’t now, even if I could find some worth buying and able to afford the retro tax now, I don’t have a garage queen worthy, but I have bought a pair of nos pink label tan wall black porcs, a pair of nos big porcupine labels, a nos Classic 1.90 that I just sold and another nos black wall porcs II Kevlar, so, which do you think I’d pick?

regan_ev":3l2gmre8 said:
fiendish feet":3l2gmre8 said:
what tyres would you really pick ?
Well I never bought white porcs BITD cos I thought they looked shite and I still wouldn’t now, even if I could find some worth buying and able to afford the retro tax now, I don’t have a garage queen worthy, but I have bought a pair of nos pink label tan wall black porcs, a pair of nos big porcupine labels, a nos Classic 1.90 that I just sold and another nos black wall porcs II Kevlar, so, which do you think I’d pick?

I wouldn't buy white Porcs either, now,but then went thought many pairs bitd, as many folk did..
I'm not ashamed to say i forgot the Onza pink Racing porc label even existed that's why i asked Tricky are these reissues.
I only remembered i owned a Peugeot Sitting Bull a few days ago .
many years have passed since 86 & almost as many bangs on the head. I vaguely remember some pink racing Porcs on a pals Nishiki Alien its a faint memory ..

Wayne

I like to keep a little pork fat around for a rainy day.

cxxW2m.jpg

Z41iKo.jpg

xM3rTF.jpg

7MEiHY.jpg

Back