Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

This is my Saracen: a (second half) nineties Kili Team. I got to know Saracen in the mid-nineties as here, in Belgium, an older British guy was competing the nationale mountainbike races on a Kili XTR. The guy's name was Peter Stevenson and it was only 20 years later I discovered he used to be a former road pro (7-11, Motorola). It was love at first sight but Saracen wasn't distributed here in Belgium so I never owned one. Untill some months ago this one popped up here in Retrobike. Will start building as soon as I finished some other projects. Don't know yet what to do with it. Maybe turn it into a neo retro, maybe go era correct on it.

Attachments

• Saracen LR.jpg
    Saracen LR.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 385
bluetomgold":15cflpvm said:
makster":15cflpvm said:
bluetomgold":15cflpvm said:
I'd like it, and could come grab it when I next visit family in Bournemouth.

I'm not sure when it would be, probably quite soon but I wouldn't blame you for saying first come first served...

:)

It's not gone anywere yet, but I really do need it out of my garage.
There's a fair amount of the MT60 kit here too, including the wheels

I'd better try to arrange a visit soon then...

The Trekker is still here, if you still want it?
Can you give any idea when you could come and collect?

Re:

Funny enough this was one of the first threads that grabbed my attention when I signed up to this site just over a month ago.
I'll be honest I had no idea that such a world (Retro Bikes) existed, after only getting the cycling bug due to our glorious summer of 2018, I reckon I did a couple hundred miles during the summer months on my twelve-year-old Specialized Hardrock Sport which had done probably a couple dozen miles since I bought it back in around 2005/2006.
Anyway, after reading through probably half of the 186 pages up popped a post in the MBT for sale thread, I suddenly thought I really need one of these Saracen's, there's something strangely attractive about them but I just can't put my finger on it!
So... seconds after thinking about it I thought I've got to have this, not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet tho, was thinking about a full restoration but TBH I really wanna sling some parts on it a throw my leg over it asap.
Some of you I'm sure will probably recognize the parts below probably been around the forum for some time.
Anyway, I've very little knowledge about what parts I need to complete her, I have the skills but lacking knowledge although now after completing the 187 pages I have gained some knowledge at least about the history if nothing else.
I'm guessing it'll probably be a project for next summer by the time I've finished other work I'm doing so if any of you have any parts I will require I'd be interested in them, would like to collect all parts ready for next summer.
Hopefully, I'll be taking delivery of it at some point next week, I'm quite excited tbh.
Thanks for reading
G.

Zfj0Mugh.jpg

Re:

I can give you a full inventory of what it came with as standard if you want? Mine is stock so I can check from that. Also probably going to be selling one or two of my same era Tufftrax, Traverse and Trekker so let me know if you fancy a full bike instead of project.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2dohn4di said:
I can give you a full inventory of what it came with as standard if you want? Mine is stock so I can check from that. Also probably going to be selling one or two of my same era Tufftrax, Traverse and Trekker so let me know if you fancy a full bike instead of project.

Nice one Brock L
I would appreciate the inventory for now mate, I'm desperate to get enough gear together to put this baby together, never rode a bike without suspension!
Going forward I'll definitely be interested in full bike/bikes
I'm aiming to get me a nice collection together, Traverse & Treckker is a dream at the moment, but one has to have a dream right!
Thanks for the reply, hope to speak to you soon..
Cheers
G.

Re:

For a start with the Tufftrax you will need a Mountain LX front and rear mech, Deore thumbies and Exage Trail brakes. I will make a list.

As for full bikes you might be surprised how little they go for. Sub £100 for the best of them!

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":drliw4jb said:
For a start with the Tufftrax you will need a Mountain LX front and rear mech, Deore thumbies and Exage Trail brakes. I will make a list.

As for full bikes you might be surprised how little they go for. Sub £100 for the best of them!

Hi Brock
Yeah that would be awesome if you could do that... :cool:

And yes it's surprising how little some of these cracking builds go for... :shock:

Latest posts

Back