Henley-on-Thames ride Saturday 18th April

Anything like the Dean ride there was a massive range of abilitys and fitness but I would like to think that everyone had a great time and noone was left behind ( including me!! :D )

Im not sure of everyones names to faces but I would love to know the level of riding of the boys at the front of our group, I kind of got the feeling that they could mean business :D

I'll be keeping an eye on this one, I don't often get a lot of time for a 'proper' ride but if its an Aston Hill / Wendover then it's 5 minutes drive for me.

Great, thanks for all the interest, it will def' happen, I reckon in the Spring 2009. That gives me time to get my bike ready and also my body.

Ok, so there have been some suggestions on here about venues. Wendover Woods I understood was not really for Cyclists, and Aston Hill is a manged pay as you ride venue. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will try to get a map and pin some locations on for people to vote on. I would like to make sure that we are riding somewhere that Cyclists are allowed, and also somewhere that more people are likely to attend.

Who said about not being able to keep up? Give me a break, I may well be organising this but i will be well and truly "checking that we haven't damaged the trail" :oops: from the back! ahem!

This will be my first retro meet (unofficial of course), so I want it to be a goodun.

Let's have some more location suggestions please.

Cheers
Tim

WhiteLeaf is looking quite good, but will check my trusty routes guide when I get home tonight and see what it says there.

Wherever we decide to go I would like to ride it at least once before the actual meet so that we don't get lost! Anyone fancy joining me for a couple of "test" rides?

I don't think I can resist a retro ride round my old stomping ground! There are great trails all round the Chilterns. I'm a bit rusty about the area as I haven't ridden round there for ages. You used to be able to go through Wendover Woods if you stuck to The Ridgeway, but that may have changed. I know some guys who still regularly ride in the area, so if you need some more info I can ask where's good to go these days.

hey

keep me posted as well, been thinking about up the way from london there's trails around that way,
a friend said we would get out there, but he has bad health now & i'm not training myself currently.
would like to breakout of london madness & head for those trails up near watford area, any good?
talking around outskirts of london here if anyone is going let me know that way i fit into my grind. b

Hey Tim. happy to bunk in on this one. I live locally so if you want to do a demo ride i'm sure we can arrange something. I know a good, challenging loop near to Henley which I'd like to ride again but anti-clockwise this time.

Will have to be the modern bike though :(

Tim, may well be up for that. Not sure about this side of chrimbo though. Henley, well that's nice and near to me but not sure about the others.

No worries about going modern, I will probably have to do it on my commuter with nobbly tyres fitted for the day as nothing else is ready.

No luck with the top cap for the stem yet? Surely if this is the only thing keeping the D_K in the shed you can still ride it?

I'll keep watching the thread for now.

Stem cap is not a show stopper but the bike is in the loft for the time being. Already have 6 in the shed and no space for the others. Ho hum. Must buy house with garage in the new year!

Watching also :cool:

Swinley is a good suggestion, some great trails there and easily a half day's riding there..

Back