96 Kona Lava Dome - current pic on page 3!

flat bars win. did 30 road miles and had less pain in shoulders thzn 20 on risers

Kona Kula - Similar year

Hi there I'm getting my old Kona Kula sorted out but I've not got the clamp for use with rear cantilever brakes any idea where i can get one from??? I'm desperate I've not really got the skills to make one myself

Any help appreciated - I know I can run V's but the mud clearance is so bad...

Cheer for any help

ben

Hi cce, that's a great looking Lava Dome. My wife and I got one each in 1994 and I've just got back into riding mine after devoting time to windsurfing (she's kept on riding and progressed to a Santa Cruz Juliana hardtail in the meantime).

I've got Avid Arch Rivals on mine, fantastic engineering! I've also put XTR brake controls and XTR rapid fire shifters on there. Rest of it is original, including forks, have been tempted to think of suspension forks but can't quite go there. My wife's bike actually has Manitou 2 forks and I've researched rejuvenating these but it doesn't seem possible due to parts not being available.

Did a 16 mile xc/road mix this morning and loved it.

I'm looking at bringing my wifes bike back to original spec since we have all the original parts including bottle cages with tyre levers and patch kit.

found this on my phone today - this is how she looks at the moment

Attachments

• Image020 (Large).jpg
    Image020 (Large).jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 1,703
The black stem, and flat bars realy did it.. lovely bike..

Micken: would love to see some pics of yours, and your wifes bike..

out of interest, how much did you get got it? I have the same model although not in as great condition and am thinking of moving it on. Thanks

i've reached the end of the line here..... because most of the kit is going onto a 1996 kilauea frame!

Latest posts

Back