1970's Track Pedals and Track Hub

Blacktopdisciple

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello

I'm looking for a pair of 1970's track pedals, good condition, British threads. Also looking for a rear track hub, large flange, 36 hole, good condition, British threads.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Trevor

Re:

Like these !!!
I’ll clean them up tomorrow and get a better picture.

Attachments

• E56636AB-7FAE-4029-8860-416EA366FA5B.jpeg
    E56636AB-7FAE-4029-8860-416EA366FA5B.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 485
Hi JM those look ok. What are the bearings like and what price did you have in mind? What make are they? I'm assuming they are pukka track pedals and not cut down quills.

Cheers

Trevor

To get you going if you need to Mks Sylvan still do their 70's track pedals for twenty odd quid..

Just curious what are you building :) as you know 70's is my era lol

KKT sold well as they were a lot cheaper than campag

Re:

After a clean,they’re cut off road pedals. SR’s. With rough bearings.Useable but not what you wanted.

Attachments

• AB51FD49-FBD2-4B4C-9DE3-A88B2FEE07D8.jpeg
    AB51FD49-FBD2-4B4C-9DE3-A88B2FEE07D8.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 446
Thanks jm for taking the time to clean those and get back to me. Sorry but yes they are not what I'm after.

Hello Midlife. Thanks for your interest. This really isn't a routine build. It started with an impulse buy of a Zeus large flange track hub. A thing of beauty. So I decided to randomly assemble parts of a similar age and see what it led to. So far I have the front hub, Favorit brake levers, 2 Villiers fixed sprockets, a Lapize pump, 4 odd toe straps and an unbranded lockring. It's going to be fixed obviously but apart from that I don't know what direction its going in. And I don't even have a frame yet. The frame can be older. The components can be a bit older or a bit newer, say 65 to 85. Not keen on newer bits as I want it to be vintage and not Keen on older parts as they are rarer and more expensive. If I don't get a hub or pedals this time around I try and get a saddle and bars.

Great project :)

I guess you lurk on lfgss where older track bits crop up from time to time :).

My track slow burners are a Carlton Flyer and a Viner.

Re:

they’re cut off road pedals

Well, I wasn't aware that track pedals in the '70s Campagnolo style were anything but road pedals with the quills cut off. Is there any other difference?

Back