buying a bike for a single part?

My_Teenage_Self":6352h0xf said:
I should also add, I hate that people buy parts/bikes to split/flip for £££, that's not what this is about.

I only donar bike's that are knackered, but their is cash to be made
from selling parts that are not needed.
normally a week after selling you realize you did need it ,and end up
buying same parts , i sold my syncros hang doggy awhile ago , now can't find one for love nor money.. why did i sell it

videojetman":1xnzkntp said:
Interested in the part.

Coda 900 cranks.

SuperV3000Crank.JPG

Not those, but the same, on a Killer V3000... Mainly original except the syncros Ti post has gone.

Do it. I had to buy a job lot of front and rear M900 mechs just to get the rear mech pulleys I wanted. If you want something that bad, why not!

Re:

GIFB! You properly want the part & once you buy the bike it's yours to do with as you wish.
I have a set of Mavic X317 disc wheels on hope hubs hung up in the garage I brought for the qr's. Worth every penny ;)

It's landed.

cranks are pretty damn decent, which is nice, because the rest of it is not so good! makes me happy to strip it TBH.

to be fair, the frame and forks are actually pretty good, albeit a little bigger than I'd normally ride, but there's not much else to shout about, except for one thing...

It has a Hugi rear hub. I've had Hope, WI, DT, but the NOISE it makes is GLORIOUS!! Tock Tock Tock Tock Tock Tock.

Awesomes.

:)

My_Teenage_Self":3id8m21z said:
It has a Hugi rear hub. I've had Hope, WI, DT, but the NOISE it makes is GLORIOUS!! Tock Tock Tock Tock Tock Tock.

Awesomes.

I've got a set also and your right its like a Galting gun when you spin the rear

Retro Spud":380c2hry said:
My_Teenage_Self":380c2hry said:

Awesomes.

I've got a set also and your right its like a Galting gun when you spin the rear

Damn straight! Love it. I expected the wheels to go straight into the loft, now I want to find a use for them!!

Surely if you buy a bike and upgrade all the parts, then you have just bought it for the frame!

no different really ;)

Back