Funk unicorn

Re:

Next problem to overcome...

The Tune Ti threaded steerer is 1" 1/4 but the frame is 1" 1/8, so I'll have replace it with a threadless one and use a ⌀31.8>⌀28.6 shim in order for it to work with the aheadset. How risky is this? I guess the alternative is to customer make a steerer? Not sure what length I'll need as I'm missing some parts in order to calculate the stack height (bottom race, stem & possibly some spacers) but in the meantime do I go for a red, silver or black stem (I think the latter)? IMG_8072 (4).jpg IMG_8082.JPG IMG_8075.JPG

Last edited:
Should be ok with a shim. Pace did it with plenty of their forks.

Black stem would look good.
Noticed the seatpost is red, is that staying? Black with red mounting hardware would look good (if the parts are available)

Re:

I thought so too.

For the moment the seatpost is staying but if it dominates the blue it might go; we'll see.

Re:

Picked up a steerer and crown from Ishaw last week and scrapped the crown :roll:.

With the shim fitted to the now detached steerer it was way too tight. Had to turn the end down a little for it to fit but it's all working now :D. Just need to decide whether to put a spacer on the top of the stem or not. IMG_8139.JPG IMG_8126.JPG IMG_8118 (3).JPG IMG_8120 (3).JPG PSX_20181122_223448.jpg

Last edited:
Nice build you have here. Lovely frame.

Personally i dont like the black stem, clashes and distracts from the rest of the bike. I would use a silver and then either a red or black bar.

I also think the black tyres look better than the cream but i would be tempted to try some red Z Max maybe.

mark

Back