Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re:

Will try Kinnoull another time.
Double checked road closures and looks like it's back to normal tomorrow.
Go with original plan of Pitmedden ( just to please OCP)
Clink at 10.30.

Sorry lads I’m out.

Finally got this head cold bug and I’ve a stinking headache. Just gonnae rest up in bed.

Nae drink involved either.

Re:

Giving it a miss as well, really fancied Kinnoull and Deuchny Woods but wasn't keen on Pitmedden. The rain and wind has removed all inclination to make myself ride roond there. Sorry guys. Might get out round the Meedies later with Lorna if she'll let me. :facepalm: Failing that I won't be watching the F1, feck that. I'll veg in front of TV watching the Touring cars instead. Whit a twat.

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":29xk6uwp said:
Whit a twat.

First sensible thing you've said all year.

Just finished up ride. Thankfully Kenny showed up, so I had some company. Autumn's definitely here.

Re:

How was it running, muddy?

Fell back asleep and woke up 11ish sair heid a bit better but stuffed up.

Shite day!

RobMac":3jm3fykn said:
keithyr":3jm3fykn said:
Fell back asleep and woke up 11ish sair heid a bit better but stuffed up.

Shite day!
SNAP! :facepalm:

Please tell me you weren't in the same bed stuffing each other up? (dry baulk noise)

Conditions at Pitmedden nae bad. Some sloppy puddles and roots a bit skitey, but I've seen it lots worse in summer. Better after I let some air out of my tyres. Loam lover loop at far side was a bit interesting. First chute wasn't too bad, but the second one with the sharp left at the bottom was sketchy as. Brakes were doing nothing so gave up on them and used a tree to keep me on track. Hit my left pinkie knuckle and shoulder but somehow stayed on. Second last descent back to Clink was very rapid until we had to hit brakes half way down as three women were biking up it. Still finished only 8 seconds off my PR.

Can tell I've been doing more longer, steady rides. Not Pitmedden fit at all. All the constant ups and downs had me completely knackered. Back to the gym training for winter.

Re:

Good stuff. Same here gonna hit the gym over the winter. Lost a bit of weight during hols so a good start.

Was out for a wee bit yesterday with shona round the meedies. She managed to ride clean the wee skills loop for first time and is now able to ride one handed for signalling turns. She’s making good progress which is great to see.

We’re back down at ridelines in October for follow up lesson as well. Money well spent for sure.

clubby":58azynot said:
old_coyote_pedaller":58azynot said:
Whit a twat.

First sensible thing you've said all year.

Thanks for that, I think...

clubby":58azynot said:
All the constant ups and downs had me completely knackered.

That's one of the reasons I'm no keen on Pitmedden, and the skitey roots jist make it worse for me. I've got to ride at 100% jist tae keep you guys vaguely in sight, breathin' oot ma erse all ride isnae why I mountain-bike, it's not enjoyable for me. So sorry for not turning up but the sense of relief later when it pished doon several times, thinking I'm glad I'm no burying myself on a rooty climb oot in that.

When it dried up here later I went for a ride round the Meedies and Harran Hill woods at my own pace but it's no the same on yer tod, miss the rippin' the pish aspect of a group ride. :mrgreen:

Back