Ringlé Slamma Jamma

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
I've been lucky enough to get my hands on a NOS one of these but I need your help... It's missing the bottom bearing race, so it looks like I'm going to have to make one. I've found a good picture of what I'm looking for (below) but can you tell me;

a. what it's made from?
b. any chance you could take some measurements?

Greatly appreciated :D

Attachments

• Slamma1.jpg
    Slamma1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 526
a Chris King race should work proper. They can be had on line easily for under $20. What diameter? 1 1/4 or 1 1/8?

Re:

Excellent advice! I have a CK on my Surly, so I'll break that down this afternoon and check. I'll keep you posted.

Re:

Thanks Jason. :D

I tried my CK headset and it runs okay but as you can see there's a huge gap at the bottom and you can still see the bearing. The CK website lists something called "1-1/8" +5mm Baseplate" but there's no picture or drawing so I've no idea it that would work.

Attachments

• CK_Surly_Funk_1.jpg
    CK_Surly_Funk_1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 448
  • CK_Surly_Funk_3.jpg
    CK_Surly_Funk_3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 448
Re: Re:

Swede":1nmpvrno said:
Thanks Jason. :D

I tried my CK headset and it runs okay but as you can see there's a huge gap at the bottom and you can still see the bearing. The CK website lists something called "1-1/8" +5mm Baseplate" but there's no picture or drawing so I've no idea it that would work.

The +5mm baseplate is just 5mm taller than a regular one. Imagine the standard baseplate with a 5mm spacer underneath it if that makes sense.

Re:

The ID of the CK bearing is ⌀30.50mm whereas the Ringlé is ⌀33.50mm, so there was quite a bit of lateral movement with the CK race.

I took the frame (headset was fitted) plus the CK race to local machine shop and they made me this for £15 :D . Happy days! It's not perfect but I think it will do the job.

Attachments

• IMG_8086.JPG
    IMG_8086.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_8085.JPG
    IMG_8085.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 321
Back