1952 Claud Butler Massed Start #522513 (skip find)

Hi Chris sorry I've not followed your supreme efforts until tonight, work has been manic to say the least! Bakers could break an anvil and not notice! Then blame someone else LOL!

I'm sat here with a misty eye that someone could be as enthusiastic, pedantic, painstaking and sympathetic as you have been to date. Never in a million thought she would ever have this amount of care taken over her, I'll try and keep up with your progress but don't think I've forgotten her! Best of luck, ps nice to know her real pedigree!!!

Shortarts Steve

Shortarts":2sebs9kz said:
Hi Chris sorry I've not followed your supreme efforts until tonight, work has been manic to say the least! Bakers could break an anvil and not notice! Then blame someone else LOL!

I'm sat here with a misty eye that someone could be as enthusiastic, pedantic, painstaking and sympathetic as you have been to date. Never in a million thought she would ever have this amount of care taken over her, I'll try and keep up with your progress but don't think I've forgotten her! Best of luck, ps nice to know her real pedigree!!!

Shortarts Steve

Cheers Steve.
Some think it bizarre, but I’m thoroughly enjoying myself. My hands weren’t built only to click a mouse! :LOL:

Picked up the Massed Start today from “Powder & Paint” East Cottingham, Yorkshire.
Cheers Mark, cracking job of fine glass bead blasting then a protective coat of Zinc Primer. This will keep the frame set nicely sealed and will be a good base for a paint job sometime next year.
Sorry for the long wait but she’s not first in the queue, far from it.
But for now she can hang in the warm & dry with the rest of gang. :)

Attachments

• 498D2051-93AD-4A0C-832F-D5B96C0EC6B9.jpeg
    498D2051-93AD-4A0C-832F-D5B96C0EC6B9.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 525
  • C716F2BE-43B7-4572-B74E-E6D889DE24B3.jpeg
    C716F2BE-43B7-4572-B74E-E6D889DE24B3.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 525
Looking good and I particularly like the frame storage solution, I need to do something similar when I finally sort my garage out.

allenh":31uq59eg said:
Looking good and I particularly like the frame storage solution, I need to do something similar when I finally sort my garage out.

I have to put them out of reach;
1. I often walk into the garage and find my lad looking up at them with his spanner hand twitching!
2. As long as Mrs Peachy has a clear path to the freezer, I'm left alone :D

Subbed, so that I'll get notifications when you start working on her again next year :)

Great frame, great hands she's landed onto, looking forward to hear more

anidel":1sgfhvdm said:
Subbed, so that I'll get notifications when you start working on her again next year :)

Cheers Anidel,
Plan is to re-spray her in the original Purple with gold box lining, as I’ve got me a second hand Beugler I’m itching to try out….

Attachments

• Beuglar.jpg
    Beuglar.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 463
That looks nice!

You plan to have her resprayed at the same place?

I've got a Gillott from 1952 in deer need of re-paint.

anidel":dytfzr0b said:
That looks nice!

You plan to have her resprayed at the same place?

I've got a Gillotto from 1952 in deer need of re-paint.

Nope... This frame deserves the very very best spray finish that I can possibly give her.... So I will dust off my Morelli spray gun, don a full face breather mask and spray her myself. :D

PeachyPM":12n6xhnr said:
anidel":12n6xhnr said:

Cheers Anidel,
Plan is to re-spray her in the original Purple with gold box lining, as I’ve got me a second hand Beugler I’m itching to try out….

Jealous now, want one..

Back