Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15th

• Don't mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good luck with the jumper smuggling :LOL:

KHS is on the back burner, at the mo, getting grand ideas and have to work out what I'm gonna do. Hoping to have the Karakorum with the maggies ready for Glentress.

Hi

Gazz has just pointed this ride out to me. I should be able to make it and if I do, can offer lifts from Edinburgh.

What KHS is on the burner, K? I'll be on a slightly different version of this;

ym976i.jpg

Reunited after 10 years apart, it doesn't feel like a bike any more but its still my favourite :)

Good stuff sore_tint, looking forward to seeing it how does the current guise differ? Still got the manitou's? The one I've got its a KHS montana too but a bit older,its the XT version and reckoning on an 88 or 89 ish. It was gonna be a straight cheap rebuild but already have a few ideas :roll:, anyway its a slow winter project and I've got a couple of other things to finish first as well as getting some funds the gither. :D

Hope to see you at glentress sore tint, epesh like to see your KHS.

Have you still got some boing up front? Last time I did the red route on the rigid Clockwork and my wrist hurt Like buggery.

Being a chronic bike tinkerer I never have more than one bike fully built up at any given time. As a consequence I have now realised I will not have time to build up a proper retro bike or at least anything good !

So I'll be there on my pub bike which comprises a cheapo high ten frame of unknown make, a rigid brazed steel fork, girvin flex stem, friction thumbies, riser bars, white industries crankset (only good bit of kit), wheels and knobbly tyres obviously, canti-brakes and other bits. You will agree that the spec at least sounds retro and thus in spirit at least I'll be riding an old bike.

Wish I could stop tinkering and leave a good bike well alone but I'm an addict. Thats the first step apparently, realising you have a problem and accepting it ! :roll:

Now I need to get some off road practice in round the local waste ground. Seems ages since I was last at Glentress.

Nice to hear we may have a newbie, hope he makes it :D

Cheers

Come on you've got almost 2 weeks. :LOL: Gazz is going to have that cannondale built and ready to go :LOL:

no way I'm doing glentress rigid again :evil: , not even a flexstem would tempt me- I need some boing boing baby ;)

yeah i'm fully rigid, the M3's went a long time ago. Have contemplated putting them back on but it would be pure unnecessary indulgence (isn't it all?) as its now my commute bike. If the right pair for the right price came along...

Oi, I still have ME it does not go away and I am putting in long hours at work so I'm shattered. Raising the energy to build up a bike as well will finnish me off :cry:

If I can fit in creating the perfect bike I'll try.

Anyway Kaiser you seem to be keeping the stumpy in its box, not a user after all hmmmmmm :p

Twisting the arm of a sick man I don't know, some people, mumble mumble etc etc..........................

Nice to hear we may have a newbie, hope he makes it :-D

is that followed by a sinister "Mwahahahahahahaaa" that newbies can't detect? :?

Back