Gary Fisher Pirahna - the start

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Got this frame as an impulse Ebay purchase :LOL:

This is it straight after unpacking, it is actually really lovely in the flesh :cool: Within the next couple of nights I hope to start to clean it up.

Date wise, the general forum concencus is 97/98, however the serial number is 0811193, so maybe 93? However, I am in email contact with a chap at Fisher Bikes, and he is awaiting some photos from me to properly date it.

As yet, I havent decided what to do with it, so I'm open to ideas!

Attachments

• DSCN1677.JPG
    DSCN1677.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 3,048
Do something different from your other bikes, make it as a singlespeed with one colour ano bits around the bike, I think blue will go well with yellow frame as the decals is blue, beside it will be cheaper as less parts to buy.

Good luck and enjoy :)

Wouldnt of thought it was a 93, it appears to be vbrake only? (vbrakes being 96 ish onwards?)

Pickle your wife must be very understanding mate.

Look forward to seeing it built, remember building one of these bitd (93/94 I am sure) for a customer, not sure what parts though :oops:

The decals are definately later than 93. I think it was 97 or 98 - I can't remember exactly (so ad to the list of people identifying as from then), I'm pretty sure the level betty 'long travel' urt suspension bikes had those decals so that would put it about '98 or so.
I too had email contact with a bloke at Fisher about dating my Supercaliber, but after the first email and a request for photos (which I sent him) I got no more response which was pretty disappointing.
I don't know what it is about yellow bikes - I seem to have owned heaps on them!

I'd just go for classic fully rigid steel with some functional stuff not pimpy but just works nice :D

guybe":3m74y38s said:
Do something different from your other bikes, make it as a singlespeed with one colour ano bits around the bike, I think blue will go well with yellow frame as the decals is blue, beside it will be cheaper as less parts to buy.

Good luck and enjoy :)

can someone please explain the appeal of singlespeeds? i mean for certain applications like dirtjump/street then i can see why but for a proper mountain bike that you ride up hills and stuff, why?

can someone please explain the appeal of singlespeeds? i mean for certain applications like dirtjump/street then i can see why but for a proper mountain bike that you ride up hills and stuff, why?

there's a whole other thread about that somewhere if you have a look ;)

A few more photos :cool:

I think I may go down a rigid, functional DX or XT build, no frills, no anodizing, thumbies, Flite......something like that :?

Will get it washed and polished over the weekend and then decide ;)

Attachments

• DSCN1681.JPG
    DSCN1681.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,942
  • DSCN1680.JPG
    DSCN1680.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,943
  • DSCN1679.JPG
    DSCN1679.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 2,942
  • DSCN1678.JPG
    DSCN1678.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,941
IMHO its later than 1993.

My brother has a GF Wahoo from around 1996/7 and the frame's look very similar. Inch headset.

Bikepedia show a 1997 Piranha running cantis >> http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/...997&Brand=Gary Fisher&Model=Piranha&Type=bike

But my brothers in V brake.

I could be wrong...... ;)

Cool bike frame though Pickle.

Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,
Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,
Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed,Singlespeed!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back