Recommend me some modern tyres

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Can anyone recommend me some modern rubber? I'm looking for something bigish(2.1/2.3) for all day/messing about/maybe a enduro event. Something reasonably priced to go on my FSR stumpie.

Cheers ;)

If its winter tyres you're after, get some Bontrager Mud X (2.0).

I tried some out for the first time on Sunday and they blew me away. Very grippy on rocks and roots, safe as houses leant over on corners. Suited my riding and terrain perfectly.

A shop near me is doing a pair for £40 if you're interested.

my fave tyre of the mo is the Kenda nevegal. awesome. transformed my bikes, good on rock, roots, not bad in mud (blue groove may be better though)
2.1 dtc flavour :D

we sell conti vertical protection 2.3's by the bucket load in my shop.
fit&forget em', they are good all round tyres, they also, considering the hard tread compound, corner dam good to.

for my DH racing, ive used maxxis highrollers for three years, & bloody love em'.
they do a 1.95 xc version, which will be dam fine aswell.

bonty's also real good, (got some due in)
tioga's are cool, but the sidewalls are a bit thin
kenda'a'la'copy maxxis! (prob. cheaper though!)

oh yeah- tyre pressure is as important! i tend to run 5psi less in my front for xc. (depending on weather, 35-40 in the rear)

for DH, i run 20-28psi in the rear & 18-25psi in the front!

Sorry to add another iron into the fire...

IRC notos, come in a dark amber side wall which looks fairly retro and work incredibly well, wet or dry! :cool:

And yes russell this makes us less useful but statisticly no worse! :LOL:

Stick Legs":3fk4x4ck said:
Sorry to add another iron into the fire...

IRC notos, come in a dark amber side wall which looks fairly retro and work incredibly well, wet or dry! :cool:

And yes russell this makes us less useful but statisticly no worse! :LOL:

Im with you on the IRC's! Def my fave tyre brand, though a bit of a nightmare to get hold of at the moment as I think the UK importer has gone bust and no one else seems to have picked them up.

Maybe a bike related entreprenurial opportunity!

Contis are popular with my friends. Gravity 2.3 for summer, Vertical 2.3 for softer conditions. I like the look of the Slash 2.3 for winter. They aren't huge for 2.3 either. :)

Latest posts

Back