RBotM September 2018 - Open Month - Nominations Now Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RBotM September 2018 - Open Month - Nominations Now Open!

Yayyyyy!

Mrs. allenh Falcon Westminster

As its an open month I thought It's add this one.

This is the Falcon Westminster I lend to the Wife. I bought and painted it so that gives me certain ownership privileges (well as long as she's not in earshot)

I could have gone the full period route with this one but thought Falcon never stuck to a specification so why should we so it was built exactly as requested by the rider

The build brief was, I want it purple, I want a comfy saddle, I don't want drop handlebars and I want to go easy up hills and fast down them, so madam received exactly what madam requested.

It's a Falcon 531 frame painted silver with a candy purple lacquer over the top and then clear lacquer over that once I'd applied the decals, Campag Mirage triple chainset, mechs, hubs and BB. Wienman centre pull brakes and Mavic MA40 rims so some quite nice retro kit and is quite light and a nice thing to ride. Oh and the big yellow bell is an audible and visual warning to the pedestrians on the promenade to get out of the way.

Typically it's an overcast September morning so no matter how many photo's I took I couldn't capture the paint's candy shine that pops out at you in the sunshine so this is an older picture. I might replace the photo if the sun does pop its head out as the bike now has purple pedals, chainring bolts, jockey wheels, saddle, handlebar grips and skewers. Edit Updated pictures taken

Rest assured if the diminutive purple popstrel Prince had owned a bicycle it would have been this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20180909_123732.jpg
    IMG_20180909_123732.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 5,250
  • IMG_20180909_123713.jpg
    IMG_20180909_123713.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 5,250

Very nice Allen, love the purple, the tyres are fun as well. Shame it’s inadmissible without a shot of the owner holding/riding :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PeachyPM":2cawz94v said:
Very nice Allen, love the purple, the tyres are fun as well. Shame it’s inadmissible without a shot of the owner holding/riding :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Difficult that one, she's so fast every time I try it all I get is a purple blur at the edge of the frame

Needs a purple saddle

Nob":14vfvaxj said:
Needs a purple saddle

Its got pretty much purple everything now including the saddle but as it says in the write up this is an old picture as there just wasn't enough sun to take a decent one of it yesterday.

Re:

P9025647_zpsvqqpyqrz.jpg

CORSA%201971%20DETAIL_zpsh0u6sd63.jpg

Here is my 1971 Carlton Corsa. Ive had this machine for about 18 years now. Its very much a favourite of mine and is used for light touring and commuting. This machine is largely original save for a decent pair of wheels (Wolber Super Champions with Record hubs), B17 and a Shimano Golden Arrow rear mech. This frame is 21.5" and uses Truwel tubing and Crespera lugs.

The machine was in a very tired state when I got it, having been left out under sheeting for a number of years. The bike is presented in sympathetically 'restored' condition.

Re: Re:

Spokesmann":34ghnyg6 said:
Here is my 1971 Carlton Corsa. Ive had this machine for about 18 years now. Its very much a favourite of mine and is used for light touring and commuting. This machine is largely original save for a decent pair of wheels (Wolber Super Champions with Record hubs), B17 and a Shimano Golden Arrow rear mech. This frame is 21.5" and uses Truwel tubing and Crespera lugs.

The machine was in a very tired state when I got it, having been left out under sheeting for a number of years. The bike is presented in sympathetically 'restored' condition.
Very nice, I've always had a soft spot for Carlton's of this period as this was the sort of machine that was about as a cheap and plentiful 2nd hand bike when I was a kid, not so now if you have one in as nice a condition as yours.

I did a similar Corsa myself a few years ago but mine was the light green and black and I have a small lilac Corsa frame in the garage along with an earlier Criterium and a later Corsair that are complete bikes and in the restore queue.

allenh":lkhcojwe said:
Mrs. allenh Falcon Westminster

As its an open month I thought It's add this one.

This is the Falcon Westminster I lend to the Wife. I bought and painted it so that gives me certain ownership privileges (well as long as she's not in earshot)

I could have gone the full period route with this one but thought Falcon never stuck to a specification so why should we so it was built exactly as requested by the rider

The build brief was, I want it purple, I want a comfy saddle, I don't want drop handlebars and I want to go easy up hills and fast down them, so madam received exactly what madam requested.

It's a Falcon 531 frame painted silver with a candy purple lacquer over the top and then clear lacquer over that once I'd applied the decals, Campag Mirage triple chainset, mechs, hubs and BB. Wienman centre pull brakes and Mavic MA40 rims so some quite nice retro kit and is quite light and a nice thing to ride. Oh and the big yellow bell is an audible and visual warning to the pedestrians on the promenade to get out of the way.

Typically it's an overcast September morning so no matter how many photo's I took I couldn't capture the paint's candy shine that pops out at you in the sunshine so this is an older picture. I might replace the photo if the sun does pop its head out as the bike now has purple pedals, chainring bolts, jockey wheels, saddle, handlebar grips and skewers. Edit Updated pictures taken

Rest assured if the diminutive purple popstrel Prince had owned a bicycle it would have been this one.

Very nice and unique :cool:

Attachments

• 4491939.jpg
    4491939.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 5,245

Spokesman wrote

Someone said last months poll was a hard choice, but this months is just as difficult. I must admit that I do have a soft spot for Carlton’s, but the range of colour and bike condition this month will make it all a very difficult choice. This proves once again that the retro bikes can still stand out in the crowd. Good luck to all this months entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back