what budget lights do you use??

I want a set of these bad boys, can someone buy them and send then to me as I don't have Paypal. I can then bank transfer you the cash. Will include an extra couple of quid and pay for the charges! ;)

Don't worry Sithlord has sorted me out.

let me know how yo do with the p7 when you get it (i assume thats the one you mean?)
seriously tempted to get one my self
does any one know if the charger in the link will work on 240 volt elecs ok?

rob

kaiser":25fk8egp said:
I was going to run 2 of the trustfires from the second link. Though the 900 lumen chap looks good.

BTW rob, the 2X160 lumen lights I use are good for unlit country roads at a fair clip. :D

I was very tempted by the 900 lumen model ( i even suggested them in a previous thread) but having read lots of reviews they appear to be badly made and nothing like as bright as stated. I have just got some of the 240 lumen (8W) ones that are on ebay (and i think deal extreme) and this seems really well made and very bright. This was 20 quid with batteries delivered to my door. It is relatively heavy about twice the weight of a AA maglight (maybe slightly less) but so far im really impressed. You can also get a long throw version but apparently that gives a very very tight circle of light

I may still give one of the 900 Lumen torches ago in the future just to see what they are like but the quality has really put me off.

s_zigmond":2lto9tnv said:
kaiser":2lto9tnv said:
I was going to run 2 of the trustfires from the second link. Though the 900 lumen chap looks good.

BTW rob, the 2X160 lumen lights I use are good for unlit country roads at a fair clip. :D

I was very tempted by the 900 lumen model ( i even suggested them in a previous thread) but having read lots of reviews they appear to be badly made and nothing like as bright as stated. I have just got some of the 240 lumen (8W) ones that are on ebay (and i think deal extreme) and this seems really well made and very bright. This was 20 quid with batteries delivered to my door. It is relatively heavy about twice the weight of a AA maglight (maybe slightly less) but so far im really impressed. You can also get a long throw version but apparently that gives a very very tight circle of light

I may still give one of the 900 Lumen torches ago in the future just to see what they are like but the quality has really put me off.

You got a link to the ones you got?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Deal extreme do have some very good prices but read the reviews. Alot of what they sell is fine if you dont mind getting your hands dirty and having to modify your torch slightly

Just ordered a mount of ebay today so ill let you know how that is.

Used it attached with some elastic bands as a test and it seems fine on canal tow paths etc. Any fast off road and i would consider getting a second i think.

On the website there is another 8W luxen one. Not sure how that is.

To be honest its the construction that has impressed me the most. Im sure that a set of £200+ bike lights is better, but for that price you can buy 10 of these.

Back