what budget lights do you use??

There's been a lot of praise for a P7 led light from dealextreme on STW.
Beam shots ➡️ HERE

What you actually need to make the whole thing work with clicky links ➡️ HERE

I'm lucky running a Hope4 led, which is probably the system that Pickle was on about. Ask DrS or sithlord about it, its bloody fantastic!!! :twisted:

I run it mainly on medium, which will probably be similar to the above on full ;)

They reckon about £40 posted in that 2nd link :)
A lot cheaper than the Hopes......

I was going to run 2 of the trustfires from the second link. Though the 900 lumen chap looks good.

BTW rob, the 2X160 lumen lights I use are good for unlit country roads at a fair clip. :D

I have just got a colleague to pick me up a couple of the Tesco LED jobbers. Should be fine for what I need them for, but will buy a mount rather than rely on sellotape I think

I've got one of those Tesco jobs, bloody bright for the money :)
Apparently it has issues with water though.... It needs the barrell filing out if you want to fit high capacity nimh rechargable batteries though
£10 though :!: :D

Any techie bods know how 3 watts compares to lumens?

Not that simple
I think that the 3w is the power consumption, whereas lumens is the output, so it depends on efficiency of the led. The Tesco one is probably somewhere around a 10watt halogen ish....

Smart used to make a light with two heads, both with 20W bulbs. More than adequate for enjoying yourself on the trails. I used one to get me round Mayhem and like Pickle, I was totally out gunned when the £500 units got close, but mine cost less than £30.

Back